TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Henry said:
Gary, I have a quick side note: I sent you an e-mail to your genevaonline address approximately a week ago; is this still the correct address for you? Sorry to bother you, but I just wanted to see if you had received it.

Thank you!
Sorry, Henry, but I have not received it...or else it was deleted in one of my spam-slaying frenzies :eek:

Please resend priority, and the red exclamation mark will clue me that it is not to be dumped/

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
thedungeondelver said:

Have you seen Kadokawa's HEAVEN AND EARTH, Gary? It's a bit more recent (1990 or 1991, IIRC). It is however very pretty. Lacks a lot of the subtext of a Kurosawa film but if you want to watch Samurai armies go at it you can't go wrong with that one.
Ah yes...

the struggle between the two Japanese nobles IIRR. There is a good deal ow warfare therein, and I enjoyed watching it twice on my big screen telly...even though Gail is not overly fond of such flicks :D

Cheers,
Gary

thedungeondelver

Adventurer
Col_Pladoh said:
Ah yes...

the struggle between the two Japanese nobles IIRR. There is a good deal ow warfare therein, and I enjoyed watching it twice on my big screen telly...even though Gail is not overly fond of such flicks :D

Cheers,
Gary

Yep! That's the one - Kagetora versus Takeda Shingen.

I'll bring you a DVD of it if you like.

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
thedungeondelver said:

Yep! That's the one - Kagetora versus Takeda Shingen.

I'll bring you a DVD of it if you like.
:heh:

The DVE player we have is operably only by my wide...who is not much of a fan of such movies. Of course I would like to have a copy for viewing now and then, and for son Ernie to copy and put into his massive library of films and sporting events.

Ciao,
Gary

thedungeondelver

Adventurer
Col_Pladoh said:
:heh:

The DVE player we have is operably only by my wide...who is not much of a fan of such movies. Of course I would like to have a copy for viewing now and then, and for son Ernie to copy and put into his massive library of films and sporting events.

Ciao,
Gary

Consider it sent. I copied my (now out of print) laserdisk to DVD long ago - I'll shoot you one tomorrow.

Col_Pladoh said:
I have seen Ran and most of Kurosawa's other films. I got hooked on them when I was a young chap living in Chicage and sas Seven Samurai soon after I learned to play Shogi.

Hey Gary, here's a question I don't remember anyone asking yet: what's you're favorite movie?

And in case it's not an obviously D&Dish movie, do you have a favorite in the swords & sorcery genre?

Sir Elton

First Post
Well, Gary, I downloaded the Menzter Red Box a while ago, and somebody gave me a copy of the (O)D&D cyclopedia. You can't get as simple as that. Well, except maybe the Blue and White books. ;)

I've read somewhere to do simple D&D with your kids. At least, that's a quote on what you said. So, I stashed said products on one of my CDs and hope to introduce them to my offspring when they come of age (around 8 to 10, maybe I should expose them to He-Man cartoons first; that's what really got me connected to D&D).

RedFox

First Post
Wow. I'm new here, so forgive me if this has been asked before. I think it's incredibly cool of you to field questions like this though. Thank you!

I'm a new-time DM, having just run his first two game sessions of D&D. I came into the hobby with AD&D 1st Edition, but never got to play back-when (just got to oggle the books), and re-entered the hobby with actual play in the mid-90's with White Wolf stuff. So I'm not very experienced with D&D, which has a much different play-style than other RPGs I'm used to.

Do you have any advice for a newbie DM such as myself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases