Gary Gygax Q&A: Part XII - Page 2


What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 905
  1. #11
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Flexor the Mighty!'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    3,476
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Flexor the Mighty!
    How's the CZ stuff coming along Gary? My group finished Dark Chateau and the clues leading to the castle are consuming them with desire to storm it and take its secrets by force!

    So needless to say I need a little help over here.

    Hope everything is well and you are feeling wonderful.

    Aaron
    18/100 STR

 

  • #12
    Father of the Game
    Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

    Col_Pladoh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lake Geneva, WI
    Posts
    4,756
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Col_Pladoh
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor the Mighty!
    How's the CZ stuff coming along Gary? My group finished Dark Chateau and the clues leading to the castle are consuming them with desire to storm it and take its secrets by force!

    So needless to say I need a little help over here.

    Hope everything is well and you are feeling wonderful.

    Aaron
    Steve Chenault has my CZ setting level plan and outline with special encounters in hand so as to work up a full schematic of the lot by Monday. The cross connections and secret entrances/exits are many and complex, so he thought a map of the lot essential. I expect it will assist tremendously, and I should have it for review as noted.

    When that's done I'll be passing along a level map or two to use as a general template or for a specific level, and generally overseeing and developing the work for each of the many levels.

    things are moving along well, but in my estimation it will be in the spring of next year before the completed modules begin rolling off the production line. Before those hit I believe many of the Yggsburgh Town Detail modules should be available in pdf format.

    All that is informal, me proposing, the Trolls disposing.

    Grudgingly, I'll admit to feeling pretty chipper, doing more work than I want to, even passed on Wednesday's boardgaming session to work on the last piece of CZ "bible" material to get it into Steve's hands yesterday.

    Cheers,
    Gary
    Last edited by Col_Pladoh; Thursday, 17th August, 2006 at 11:54 PM.

  • #13
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Ron's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    653
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Ron
    Gary,

    I was reading the late AD&D releases, such as the Dungeoneer and Wilderness Survival Guides and Manual of Planes and they they did have a different quality from the earlier AD&D releases, especially Manual of Planes. Was you involved with those projects? I believe MoP was released after you left TSR but is it based in your notes or something?

  • #14
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    rossik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    521
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore rossik
    My communities:

    hi mr gygax!

    ..i didnt notice the 11 part was ended...eheehsorry.

    what do u think about giving classes to dragons?

    doesnt it seems a little stranger?

    a dragon thief??? :\

    (im gonna cut and paste the last question of mine, if u dont mind! )

    "thanks guys!

    that helped a lot!

    oh, one more thing:
    risking to go too far (sorry for that!!), whats the chance of getting an autograph from mr gygax? is the only way getting into gen con kinnda of event?

    there is nothing like a fan club here, in brazil... "

  • #15
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)



    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Midwest, USA, Earth, Sol system, Milky Way galaxy, Local Group, The Mind of God.
    Posts
    2,751
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Steverooo
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_Pladoh


    I forgot to indicate I wanted email notification to responses to this thread

    Cheers,
    Gary
    Notifications to older threads are probably out...

    http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=171774

  • #16
    Father of the Game
    Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

    Col_Pladoh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lake Geneva, WI
    Posts
    4,756
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Col_Pladoh
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron
    Gary,

    I was reading the late AD&D releases, such as the Dungeoneer and Wilderness Survival Guides and Manual of Planes and they they did have a different quality from the earlier AD&D releases, especially Manual of Planes. Was you involved with those projects? I believe MoP was released after you left TSR but is it based in your notes or something?
    Pardon me, but no, I had nothing to do with those books

    I would not have approved of those splat books, as they encouraged power gaming and were a bad investment for D&Ders IMO, did little to makee the game better.

    Cheers,
    Gary

  • #17
    Father of the Game
    Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

    Col_Pladoh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lake Geneva, WI
    Posts
    4,756
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Col_Pladoh
    Quote Originally Posted by rossik
    hi mr gygax!

    ..i didnt notice the 11 part was ended...eheehsorry.

    what do u think about giving classes to dragons?

    doesnt it seems a little stranger?

    a dragon thief??? :\

    (im gonna cut and paste the last question of mine, if u dont mind! )

    "thanks guys!

    that helped a lot!

    oh, one more thing:
    risking to go too far (sorry for that!!), whats the chance of getting an autograph from mr gygax? is the only way getting into gen con kinnda of event?

    there is nothing like a fan club here, in brazil... "
    Frankly, I find the concept of dragons as player characters of occassional human-like appearance to be absolutely out of place. No more need be said on this topic

    I am always hponored to give autographs, and I do them by mail when the individual sends an addrssed return envelope with postage paid. No other form of mail return is acceptable beacuse of the difficulties of going to the post office here.

    Cheers,
    Gary

  • #18
    Father of the Game
    Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

    Col_Pladoh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lake Geneva, WI
    Posts
    4,756
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Col_Pladoh
    Quote Originally Posted by Steverooo
    Notifications to older threads are probably out...

    http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=171774
    Quite so.

    Cheers,
    Gary

  • #19
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    552
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Geoffrey
    My communities:

    Gary, I myself prefer for all player characters/avatars to be human. I am wondering what (if anything in particular) made you change your mind about monster player characters between 1974 (when you wrote in the OD&D rules that players could play just about anything, even balrogs) and 1979 (when you wrote in the DMG that players playing monsters is not a good idea).

  • #20
    Father of the Game
    Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

    Col_Pladoh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lake Geneva, WI
    Posts
    4,756
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Col_Pladoh
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey
    Gary, I myself prefer for all player characters/avatars to be human. I am wondering what (if anything in particular) made you change your mind about monster player characters between 1974 (when you wrote in the OD&D rules that players could play just about anything, even balrogs) and 1979 (when you wrote in the DMG that players playing monsters is not a good idea).
    Would you believe three decades of experience?


    Gary

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Gary Gygax Q&A: Part XI
      By Col_Pladoh in forum Archive-threads
      Replies: 518
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th August, 2006, 10:30 PM
    2. Gary Gygax Q&A: Part X
      By Tuzenbach in forum Archive-threads
      Replies: 484
      Last Post: Thursday, 6th July, 2006, 09:39 PM
    3. Gary Gygax Q&A: Part X
      By Tuzenbach in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 484
      Last Post: Thursday, 6th July, 2006, 09:39 PM
    4. Gary Gygax Q&A: part VII
      By grodog in forum Archive-threads
      Replies: 490
      Last Post: Sunday, 20th February, 2005, 05:02 PM
    5. Q&A with Gary Gygax - Part I
      By thatdarncat in forum Archive-threads
      Replies: 715
      Last Post: Tuesday, 28th January, 2003, 03:19 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •