Chance of unsubscribing

Greylock

First Post
JoeBlank said:
Most of threads to which I am subscribed are for reference purposes only.

Poop!

Ditto Joe Blank. Most of my subscriptions are to small, low reply threads that had nifty world building ideas in them.

Make that, were....

Jesus, give us a heads up next time so we can bookmark them, maybe?

Twin Rose

First Post
Greylock said:
Poop!

Ditto Joe Blank. Most of my subscriptions are to small, low reply threads that had nifty world building ideas in them.

Make that, were....

I gave a couple of hours, the best I could. The number of emails being pushed into the queue were exceeding the number being processed - by a pretty fair amount. What I suspect was going on was replies to various story hours, old subscribed threads, etc, from people returning from Gen Con.

An interesting side note is that while we were all at Gen Con, the site was apparently running smooth as glass. I wonder if it's not something the people who went to Gen Con do on a regular basis that others don't use... Perhaps extensive searches? I don't know. Could be something to do with review moderation - I think just about all the staff reviewers were there.

Greylock

First Post
My subscribed threads hadn't been replied to in ages. That was why I subscribed to them. So I could FIND them again.

Double poop.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Twin Rose said:
An interesting side note is that while we were all at Gen Con, the site was apparently running smooth as glass.

Untrue. It's slow and/or glitchy as the lunch hour and the end of the workday roll across the USA, including last Thursday and Friday.

Last edited:

Twin Rose

First Post
Mark CMG said:
Untrue. It's slow and/or glitchy as the lunch hour and the end of the workday roll across the USA, including last Thursday and Friday.

Ah, I was just going by what Morrus told me when I got back. (He said I was bad luck, but then I got to thinking maybe there WAS something going on).

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Twin Rose said:
Ah, I was just going by what Morrus told me when I got back. (He said I was bad luck, but then I got to thinking maybe there WAS something going on).

Oh, unquestionably, you're bad luck. Don't get me wrong. I remember that boat trip we took up the river. The bullet in my leg still aches on cold winter evenings. Still, we got rid of the body so I shouldn't complain.

JoeBlank

Explorer
Greylock said:
Poop!

Make that, were....

You caused me to panic. But have you checked your subsribed threads? Mine are all still there, including one with no replies since January 2004.

Twin Rose, I'm still unclear, did you just delete forum subscriptions or thread subscriptions too.

If you meant to delete everyone's thread subscriptions, and I was somehow missed, the please pretend I never posted this. This is not the thread reply you are looking for. Move along.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Mark CMG said:
Anyone subscribed with an inaccurate email doesn't know they are subscribed because they aren't getting the notifications (so asking them to double check before they resubscribe is perhaps a bit pointless :D ).

Asking them by e-mail would indeed be pointless. Asking them via a well placed note on the boards (like, in the process of subscribing) would not.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Umbran said:
Asking them by e-mail would indeed be pointless. Asking them via a well placed note on the boards (like, in the process of subscribing) would not.

You really have to change your screenname to "Um, actually . . ."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases