Houston Game Club?

AntiStateQuixote

Enemy of the State
So, how about a Houston area game club with regular socials and games? My current play group of 12 people recently split into two separate campaigns (in my garage at the same time), and there was some talk of us being a game club as opposed to a gaming group.

So, who's interested? Maybe have a monthly breakfast/lunch/dinner thing and try to schedule regular games at a centrally located site . . . maybe we could get some real gaming culture going in H-town . . . it's woefully lacking right now. Maybe we could try to get support from a FLGS . . . also woefully lacking in Houston right now.

So, send me an email or reply to this thread . . . let's see what happens.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
The only FLGS I know of with plenty of gaming space is Midnight Comics, and it's not quite centrally located--though it is a good place to get harder-to-find materials. They would support such a group, though (they tend to give 10% discounts or so to groups). If you mean a non-FLGS centrally located place, I'm fine with that idea too.

UH has a gaming club (pretty new), though I don't know if you have to be a student to join.

AntiStateQuixote

Enemy of the State
Midnight Comics . . . that's the one out near 290 and Beltway 8? If so, it might not be the best place due to drive times from downtown and points south, but it would certainly work for me and my gaming group, all of whom live north of I-10 and mostly west of I-45.

I'm willing to give it a shot. Hell, I'd love to hang out with gamers on a montly basis just to see what's up with others. I don't really care where. My recent trip to GenCon has inspired me . . . most gamers really AREN'T that bad!

My long term vision is something like the Kansas City Roleplayers' Guild. Dude, that was one kick ass organization back in the mid/late nineties when I was there. I'm not sure how it stands now.

Jdvn1

Actually, it's close to Highway 6 and Westheimer. Way out there for a lot of people. You might want an EZ Tag to get there via Westpark Tollway.

I'm just not sure what other gamers would come. I mean, you'd probably want more than just your gaming group there. Maybe if Mark Chance sees this, he'll mention it to his group on Saturday.

What was/is the Kansas City Roleplayers' Guild like?

Jdvn1

(bump) so that hopefully other Houstonians will see and mention interest. :)

Jdvn1

Sounds good to me. What sort of something were you thinking?

It seems like there isn't much of a response on this thread--otherwise, a Houston EN World Worldwide D&D Game Day Get-Together would be interesting... hm, HENWWWDDGDGT... :D

Jdvn1

Sure does look like it, thanks, dmrefernece! I must admit a bias toward EN Worlders, though. This is the largest unofficial D&D website--maybe some of them should stop by here more often. ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases