Houston Game Club?

El Jefe

First Post
Ok, I finally saw the link to this thread in Jdyn1's sig. At my end of town, it's Horizon Games on El Dorado, not far from I-45 South. Still way out of the way for many, but not as bad as the other place.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Wow, people still read sigs? ;)

It'd be nice if someone knew of a place in a more central part of town. :uhoh: Though, Horizon Games, last I went, was a cool place. I understand they've changed a lot, though.

Though, before Theron and some RPGnet people put together a Houston Meet-Up thing that just amounted to lunch--it was an opportunity to just hang out. We met at the Freebird's on 59 and Greenbriar. The Rice Village area is fairly central. It's certainly not gaming-related, but the location doesn't have to be anyway.

In a related but completely unhelpful note, I found a comic book store about 5 or 10 minutes from my house willing to take in random groups like that. They're willing to expand their merchandise and they're also a restaurant, so gaming and food is always nice. ;) It's certainly not close to anyone, though. (Does 6 and Bellaire mean anything to anyone? Didn't think so).

bbarrington

First Post
When I moved to Houston just over two years ago I had put together my group for Shackled City from people here on ENWorld. We're still playing but not nearly enough though since I moved to The Woodlands. So, there are a few groups of us ENWorlder's out there in Houston.

Jdvn1

Yeah, I know there are a few groups, but I want to hear everyone's opinion on this idea. Is it feasible?

El Jefe

First Post
Well, of course it's feasible. We just have to pick a place and do it.

My hours are kinda weird for the next week and a half, but aside from that, I'm up for it.

AntiStateQuixote

Enemy of the State
El Jefe said:
Well, of course it's feasible. We just have to pick a place and do it.

My hours are kinda weird for the next week and a half, but aside from that, I'm up for it.
Saturday, November 4th, 2006, is Worldwide D&D Game Day. I figure that would be a good "start" date. After that we try to plan a Saturday every month (or two?) and see what kind of response we get. If the response is good maybe we look into bi-weekly or more often?

My goal with this thread was to try to see if we can build up a good local gamer community beyond our own play groups.

I lived in Kansas City for four years (95-99) and that place was AWESOME for gamers. There was (is?) a group called the Kansas City Roleplayers Guild that had dozens (probably well over 100) regular members that would come out for a monthly meeting/game time. In addition there were regular weekly game nights at various locations that KCRPG hosted. We also had two cons per year that got what appeared to be pretty good attendance.

Anyhow, I'd like to meet more gamers in Houston and see a real gamer community develop here.

FusionBlaster

First Post
Hello...

I like the idea. Obviously I'm new here. I've got a stable group on the west side (Katy). I'm reallly just looking for a second game to play in, perferably a Mutants and Masterminds one on Sunday but I figure I can do other days 'cept Saturday since thats the one with my main group. I do like the idea of a large group/club to meet up with though so I'll talk with my group tomorrow about it.

Jdvn1

Good to hear, FB! I'm not currently interesting in a M&M, personally, but I like the diversity of games. :) (and, with a lack of other games, I'd probably at least give it a shot)

Remove ads