Houston Game Club?

demanar

First Post
Alright, I think it would be a good idea for however is putting this stuff together to come with a list of good potential stores and let the masses vote for the store we end up choosing.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
None of those websites worked for me. Is it just me?

Setting up an EN World would allow anyone on EN World to vote--it'd be better, probably if we just each voiced our opinions.

Boss

First Post
Just some info here on north side FLGS

I actually went to both Enigmas and Tri-Games this week. Enigmas is going strong again, and has several tables available for game play. I didn't see anything about the World Game Day posted in the store though.

Tri-Games is a bit small, but has about 4 tables, a back room, and as they stated on the Houston Gamers forums they can move the kids stuff out of the kids room if needed (kind of an original idea there, a room for the young kids that has toys, etc. while their parents shop and/or game).

The Houston Gamers are all about board games. I was invited to come out to the store Saturday to check into several games that I had just purchased (Runebound and Munchkin).

Jdvn1

Sounds like either place has plenty space. :)

Those sites still aren't working for me. :uhoh:

Dragon Mage

First Post
Sounds great

Count me in on any gathering to meet other gamers. I live in the North side so Enigmas work for me. If not I could host it at my house!

Boss

First Post
That's strange, I went to both right after I posted this morning without a problem. I will definitely be going to Tri-Games after work, and maybe Enigmas if I have the time before I have to be at the haunted house tonight. I will check with both about Worldwide D&D Gameday. Brent, are there any game related stores in Humble? I work just south of Beltway 8 and 59 N, and was hoping to find some expansions for the Runebound board game, but couldn't find any stores that carried anything (tried mostly around Deerbrook). Since you live out here, I was wondering if you knew anywhere else to try...

AntiStateQuixote

Enemy of the State
There's been no game store in or around Humble for several years unless something has popped up under my radar.

Amazon.com and Gameoutfitters.com have been my best friends (other than the occassional trip to Nan's) for the last few years.

If anyone has any additional store ideas say so . . . I'll post a poll in this forum (with a link to it in this thread) sometime in mid-October to see where we want to go for the gameday. Even if a given store doesn't actually support the gameday I see no reason that we can't meet on that date some place anyway.

If this works out I'd love to see us do something every month . . . maybe bounce around town from site to site to give everyone a break on drive time?

Jdvn1

Okay, the links just don't work with Firefox--they work just fine with Internet Explorer. Enigma is far! :uhoh:

Bouncing around town seems like a good option, I'd certainly be more willing to do a monthly think like that. Though, we could still meet at a non-gaming-store place and do something. Like, lunch or something, and if the restaurant allowed it, some light one-shots.

AntiStateQuixote

Enemy of the State
Gameday Stores

OK, so the DnD Gameday stores that are supporting are up:

Enigmas Collectables (NW side) 10801 Spring Cypress Rd #6 Houston TX 77070 website
Heroes Collectibles (W side inside Hwy 6) 1570 S Dairy Ashford #109 Houston TX 77077 website
MIDNIGHT COMICS & GAMES (W side inside Hwy 6) 13711 Westheimer #Q Houston TX 77077 website
Skirmish Games (SE outside BW 8) 8351 Spencer Hwy Deer Park TX 77536 (no website?)
Swords and Superheroes (N side outside BW 8) 400 Main Street Old Town Spring Texas 77393 (no website?)

Start thinking about where you wanna go. I'll put up a poll this weekend.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases