Valenar Elf Druid + Double Scimitar

vulcan_idic

Explorer
Granted they would still need the TWF feat to really use it to it's full potential, but RAW can a Valenar Elf Druid use a Double Scimitar? Druids are proficient with scimitars, so I would think by logical extension a valenar elf using a double scimitar would be in keeping with the spirit of the rules at least, but would it meet the letter of the law?

vulcan_idic said:
Granted they would still need the TWF feat to really use it to it's full potential, but RAW can a Valenar Elf Druid use a Double Scimitar? Druids are proficient with scimitars, so I would think by logical extension a valenar elf using a double scimitar would be in keeping with the spirit of the rules at least, but would it meet the letter of the law?

It's an exotic weapon and if is not listed on the druid's allowed weapons list, it is not allowed. So, no on both counts.

The double scimitar is the equivalent of a katana; a weapon for the martial classes and knights of the realm. The amount of training - special feats required - put it out of the range of the druid class, imo.

MarkB

Legend
By the letter of the RAW, no. As I recall, Valenar elves gain weapon familiarity with the double scimitar, making it a martial weapon for them, but druids do not gain proficiency with all martial weapons.

If you spend a feat on Martial Weapon Proficiency: Double Scimitar, or if you take a level in a class which grants proficiency with martial weapons, then you can use it.

vulcan_idic

Explorer
MarkB said:
By the letter of the RAW, no. As I recall, Valenar elves gain weapon familiarity with the double scimitar, making it a martial weapon for them, but druids do not gain proficiency with all martial weapons.

If you spend a feat on Martial Weapon Proficiency: Double Scimitar, or if you take a level in a class which grants proficiency with martial weapons, then you can use it.

This is kind of what I thought, but I didn't have the books on me to be 100% sure.

As Wayne62682 says, I also don't see it to be a problem to house rule it - but before I suggested such a house rule to my table, I wanted to double check what RAW said - I'd feel pretty sheepish suggesting a "House Rule" that RAW already covered in exactly the same way!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases