Hell on Earth d20 Classes

Cornelius

First Post
Anyone who has the book or is otherwise in the know: what are the classes in Hell on Earth d20? My group is itching for a post-apocalyptic d20 game, and Darwin's World didn't cut it for us. We have all played and enjoyed HoE before, but are now die-hard d20 converts. I assume the feats, etc, are similar to Deadlands d20, but I'm very curious about the classes.

Brutorz Bill

First Post
HoE Classes

Classes :
>
> Doomsayer
> Junker
> Ravenite
> Scavenger
> Syker
> Tale-Teller
> Templar
> Waste Warrior

The Law Dog, Librarian and Deader (Harrowed) are Prestige Classes.
Get the book it Kicks Butt!!
Regards,
Brutorz Bill

Cornelius

First Post
Cool, thanks a bunch, Bill!!! I'm definitely going to pick up a copy very soon. The list of core classes looks attractive. I'm glad Pinnacle didn't just cut and paste Deadlands classes (Gunslinger, etc). My group and I are also eager to see what they did with Sykers.

Brutorz Bill

First Post
Glad to be of service. I was pleased with the treatment of Sykers. I was a bit concerned that they might just do a "See the 3e Psionics book". They didn't do that + they did include some cool syker "abilities".
Alot is packed into the book, World background, classes, feats, skills, critters, Marshall section, etc. You could even use it for a "regular" P.A. Campaign without the Deadlands background.
Regards,
Brutorz Bill

Rich34

First Post
I have mixed feelings about HoE d20 not having Deadland d20 classes in it. Some (Brave, Scout, Rowdy, Gunslinger) could fit in a HoE campaign - and it's not like they didn't include a lot of overlapping material from Deadlands d20 (Pretty much all the feasts and skills).

On the other hand, it's a pretty packed book, and not including 4 or so classes they've already published (at 2 pages a pop) - well, I can see that too.

I like the Syker class, except for two things: the disadvantges seem to assume that anyone who would ever play a syker would start their character as a syker (why would someone who multiclasses into syker at 2nd level or higher suddenly develop problems dealing with authority/military types?) and the power list. I think I'm going to just use the Psionics Handbook list (but retain Strain and Blastin')

Voneth

First Post
the Syker system ...

I heard a rumor that the system was basicly some converted powers and then used a select DND spell list to offer more variety. So that basicly the Strain system was just d20 Deadlands spell point system.

Is that true? I need some more info.

Rich34

First Post
Yes, the sykers use the same magic system as the most other Deadlands d20 magic-type folks: a spell list drawn primarily from the Players Handbook, a few additional spells, spell points (Strain), and an additional roll required (Blastin').

I like it. A character's list of available powers grows far more rapidly than their ability to use their new powers. You end up with a character with a lot of flexibility who still doesn't overshadow the other players.

Cornelius

First Post
It wouldn't upset balance or cause any other problems to just use the Gunslinger, Brave, etc. classes from DL d20 in a HoE d20 game, would it? What is the waste warrior class like? Would having Waste Warrior and a Gunslinger class available be redundant? What kind of abilities does the Waste Warrior have? I'm definitely going to buy the book soon, but I'm just curious regarding how this would work.

Rich34

First Post
Balance-wise, I don't think there would be any problem in including any of the Deadlands d20 classes in a HoE d20 game. Some of the classes (I'm thinking of Hucksters and Blessed, especially) don't fit into the HoE canon backstory, but hey, folks are zipping around in time and hopping between dimsensions all the time, right? The non-arcane classes would easily fit.

I don't have my book with me, so I'm fuzzy on the details; Waster Warrior and Gunslinger are a bit different, but I don't remember exactly how they differ. I think the Waste Warrior gets fewer bonus feats but more special abilities, maybe?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases