Invasion of Mori - IC [3.5][CE/NE][planar]

reel_big_gish

First Post
Rounding on the cloaked figure, hanaav peers long and hard into the twin slits of darkness marring the mask it wears. "Err, what exactly are you? And while we're on that subject, you have a name I'm sure. perhapsyou'd careto share it?

Realizing he should probably introduce himself before pestering others about it, Hanaav adds, 'I, by the way, am Hanaav, a most puissant craftsman. I can make anything, be it a simple potion to ease your ills, or a monstrous construct of stone and steel, akin to our friend Maug here. I am also skilled in the practice of ritual sacrifice, human or otherwise, and accounted a fair shot with a bow."

Dog Moon

Adventurer
"I prefer the leave my physical presence hidden from others," the figure tells Hanaav, "But I suppose I might as well reveal what I am, since I am sure it will be found out eventually. I am Undead, similar to you, though I am nothing but bones. If you wish to know what I bring to our group, I bring Arcane spells; I am a Diviner. It is not the most 'exciting' of Arcane professions, but it has served me well thus far."

He pauses for a moment before adding, "Ah yes, I suppose you do desire to know my name as well: Vedak."

OOC: Pronounced [Vay-dack]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Splendid, friend Vedak! If I know Zox Pox, and I do, he will get himself into the hands of some greedy noble. While that gives us a most excellent view of the town's upper echelon, your skills would be invaluable in discovering the temper of the common folk, or prying into secrets even my great talents or Loriel's boundless beauty cannot unearth," Gabirel says with a flourish.

moritheil

First Post
The portal between worlds stands like an unhealed wound upon reality, bleeding a faint, dank scent into the Abyss. Several yugoloths stand about, brandishing weapons and deterring curious minor demons from slipping over to the other side without authorization. On seeing the group finally begin to move, the mercenaries shift formation, creating a path through them that even the largest among you may walk unhindered.

One dretch, more impatient than the rest of his kin, makes a break for the portal and is promptly skewered for his efforts. He dies writhing on the end of a yugoloth polearm. The mercenary wielding it merely grunts and scrapes the corpse off the end of the weapon. Upon seeing your gaze, he straightens a bit.

"Talessera's orders - at this time, no one goes through without permission. You're clear, though." He jerks what might be a thumb at the portal, then goes back to watching the crowd of minor demonlings.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Gabriel gives the yugoloth a winning smile, then courteously lets the impatient Rose and Maug go through first. He waits two breaths, then follows through, his mind racing through all the fun to come...

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Before crossing the portal, you see an unsually tall, pleasant looking old human, wrapped in a cloak. "Greetings" he says in a pleasant tone "I am Kelteror and I've been asked by lord Loxakathormi to accompany you. I apoligize if I'm late, but it appears that I made it in time".

He then nods at the Yugoloth, and his disguise shifts for an instant, allowing you all to see the Babau for what he is.

Dichotomy

Explorer
Rose gives little more than a glance at the newcomer. Gabriel can make sure he's supposed to be with us, the tiefling thinks to himself.

Nodding at the maug, Rose draws his falchion and darts through the portal. Not worried about any risk, he makes sure to go far enough through that the large maug has plenty of space.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Vedak pauses to glance at the dead Dretch. "There's one less Demon for the invasion," he murmurs quietly. He watches the line progress, passing him by, as something clicks in his mind, information he desires.

"This godling you spoke of," he says to the powerful Demons, unaware if he's breaking any protocal, "What do you know of him or her? Can you at least give us a description? If this person will be a major obstacle, I desire to know about him so we can take care of this problem."

Remove ads