Invasion of Mori - IC [3.5][CE/NE][planar]

Voadam

Legend
moritheil said:
". . . but also trolls, giants, and ogres."

"Hunh, does it now then." This seems to take the troll aback a bit and his expression changes from anticipating the delights of satisfying his pure hunger to interest.

moritheil

First Post
"May I suggest," Roillard cuts in, "that if we send the Lady an embassy, we . . . no, forgive my outburst. I am sure that you would not be caught. What would you like to disguise Rose and Aldred as? How long do you think the disguise needs to last?"

He nods at Snargle. "I'm afraid I can't offer you more details, but I and the cultists would probably be shot on sight if we approached them directly, and besides that, the goblins are on the other side of the army from us. Information flow is quite restricted."

Shayuri

First Post
"I can use magic to disguise them," Silhouette muses. "As long as I'm near them, such a disguise could be maintained indefinitely. And as long as they don't call attention to themselves, the chance of it being penetrated is...remote."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"If we determine the strength of the humans and goblins, we can then parlay or infiltrate the Lady's camp at a later date, armed with information she may find to her liking. As for staying in communication, I have an answer to that," Gabriel says, brightening. He digs in his belt pouch and takes out several plain iron rings. Gabriel already wears a similar one on his right hand.

"These rings will let the wearer exchange a short communication with me three times a day. Since there's only going to be two groups of us, this should be very sufficient to coordinate our actions. I have ten, so that's enough for the corporeal members of our party at least," he explains, and holds out the rings to the others so they can take one.

Shayuri

First Post
Silhouette demurs. "I will be in a position where I can reach you easily with Message spells, and am quite capable of casting Sendings if needed."

Pyrex

First Post
Before the planning begins in earnest, Aldred excuses himself for a moment to speak with the artificer about upgrading his Dragonscale Cloak before the next operation begins.

Hearing Gabriels's offer upon his return, Aldred points to the two rings he's already wearing and declines Gabriel's offer. "I am also capable of issuing Sendings at need and will add additional ones to my complement tomorrow."

moritheil

First Post
After a couple minutes of back-and-forth, Roillard rubs his temples. "If I may make a suggestion, it seems that each group is going to have its share of spellcasters. In that case, why don't we simply figure out who is going where, and then give each group a ring or two - provided that this is acceptable - so that they can be used in an emergency to contact you? You can leave one here as well as a contingency."

He pauses. "Oh yes, did you say that they could be used to contact each other, or only you?"

Voidrazor

First Post
"The question of who goes where has all but been decided. Snargle and the gargoyle are a natural match for the goblin camp. It would be unwise for them to be without some sort of magic wielder, so if Silhouette wishes to travel with Gabriel, that leaves Aldred. And by process of elimination Rose will have to go with Silhouette in order to remain disguised, as will Kelteror if he is going at all. I will go with Snargle, Aldred, and the gargoyle so that both groups shall have sufficient information gathering capabilities."

Kaelvorr turns to Gabriel "I'll take a ring. From what I know of such baubles, there's a good chance of getting it to function while in ghostly form."

The fiend attention then switches to Roillard. "Before we depart to make final preparations, please continue your train of thought, in intricate detail, regarding the Lady. In fact, if there are any other details about her, the goblin army, or the city, that might lead to acrimony should we come to realize that you neglected to mention them, now would be a good time to become very loquacious." (Intimidate 39)

Remove ads