Bounty of the Endless Sands

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: You absolutely sure you didn't move to flank with Vrina? You could have, since thanks to your reach you can attack from some rather unusual squares)

B4cchus

Explorer
Actually, that is indeed a good idea. I usually puzzle out good attack angles when there's a map. Not that one is neccaseary now, but it makes me forget to play more tactical. So with your approval, add 2 to that attack roll.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: In that case... :))

*Findoram moves to the opposite side of the injured creature from Vrina, who refuses to back down, despite her grave injuries, standing determined as she distracts the creature, barely allowing Findoram's lumbering blow to land with her help. And lumbering the blow might have been, but it held the force of a mighty rockslide as the axe cut through the creature's midsection and sliced it clean in half, releasing its soul as the body crumbles to the sands.*

(OOC: Nice blow! I'm just surprised you didn't turn them, actually)

B4cchus

Explorer
I always have a problem with turning undead: they just run away from you (and you can't keep up) only to return when the effect wears off. This just moves the problem to another point in time and let's them get a go at another ambush. I usually only use it al very large groups or as a last resort.

The damage increase from 1d10 to 2d8 helps :)

Gurdjieff

First Post
Still unable to see anything in the pitchblack night, Irene readies her crossbow in case a source of light reveals any of the undead.

BigB

First Post
On his turn Rhys will attack the next closest undead, if any are within range. Otherwise he will not move too far from the others as he does not want to be without their support.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Irene readies her crossbow, as Rhys steps to the side and slashes at another undead, cutting into its arm. Vrina joins him, moving to flank, and she injures it again, but not enough to finish it off. However, Rhys continues to feel enervated by the dehydrating effects of these undead.*

*As the two remaining undead turn and attack Rhys and Vrina, Rhys realises to his horror that the sounds he had heard actually were a few more undead, as three more shamble into the edge of their sight, still too far away to do anything at about 50 feet.*

*Meanwhile, the two nearby corpses make their assault, slamming Vrina's in her unarmoured chest and crushing a rib as Rhys manages to dodge another attack.*

(OOC: Rhys takes 2 lethal damage, total 1 non, 4 lethal.
A2 takes 5 Damage, then 7 Damage, total 12

Vrina takes 7 Damage, total 19)

Remove ads