Bounty of the Endless Sands

Lot

First Post
Eskon dismounts and grabs his mail from the back of Irene's horse. Removing his tabard, he pulls the armor over his head and adds the coif. Once comfortable, he puts his tabard back on over the mail. Once accomplished, he remounts his horse and draws his greatsword.

"I'm ready to investigate. The hobgoblins may have run into the men we are hunting. Perhaps they can offer us information if that is the case. We should be ready for anything, though."

BigB

First Post
Rhys glares at Irene for a second after her statement about goblins. Present company being the exception I would hope. If we want information from them perhaps I can talk with them. He spurs his horse onward toward the hobgoblins but not getting too far in front of the others to be caught alone. We must keep one alive to get information.

Gurdjieff

First Post
At Rhys' comment, Irene does nothing but smile. When he decides to ride up front a bit, Irene softly says "Nothing personal... but no".

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Putting on the chainmail takes 4 minutes, so you probably don't have time. Irene has plenty of time for a Mage Armour though. Shall I assume she casts it and then Rhys heads up to talk? If you wait for the chainmail, it seems like they'll probably just leave.)

Animus

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
*Bret waves them off as they ride to the southeast hard and fast, making record time and camping through each night with the previously ascribed watch order. After a few days on the road, they notice some injured looking hobgoblins in the distance that seem to be retreating off the road and heading northeast, carrying some dead with them.*

"Investigating sound like a good idea to me," he says. "But let's not get too close right away."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Sounds good, Lot)

*Rhys rides on ahead of his companions, but not too far ahead out of charging range. The hobgoblins eventually notice the approach, and they see the readied weapons among the adventurers and lay their dead down gently and ready their own. They are already dressed in heavy armour with helmets covering their faces.*

*Eventually, one of the hobgoblins glances at at another of them, who shakes its head, then holds up a hand and addresses Rhys in Goblin.*

[SBLOCK=Goblin]"Hail, little brother, son of Shural. What brings you to these troubled lands?"[/SBLOCK]

BigB

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
*Eventually, one of the hobgoblins glances at at another of them, who shakes its head, then holds up a hand and addresses Rhys in Goblin.*

[SBLOCK=Goblin]"Hail, little brother, son of Shural. What brings you to these troubled lands?"[/SBLOCK]

Rhys stops his horse and holds up his hand. [sblock=in goblin]We are hunting some men and thought you may have encountered them. The man we are seeking is an archer, and he shot a defenseless man twice--in the back! His name is Anton Brandovold. Have you seen him?[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The hobgoblin who spoke turns to the other hobgoblin again.*

[SBLOCK=Goblin]"Vrina, do you know this man. Was he one of those who..."

"Yes, I believe that Somac said that 'Anton' was the name of the archer. Although actually he wasn't nearly as murderous as some of his compatriots," the second voice is female, "Now that my blood-debt is paid to Somac for losing the duel, the failure is still on my head if those murderers have killed again."

"It seems that you seek those who killed our brethren," the hobgoblin who spoke first nods and continues, "Vrina was only there at first, when they killed a few of our kind, including Vrina's brother, but later we discovered the bodies of the entire warband to which Vrina belonged. The priest spoke with the dead and determined that they had all been massacred during the night by this group you seek, while most of them were sleeping. When we found the bodies, they had been stripped of all their armour, weapons, and valuables, and they lay naked on the cold earth with only their undergarments left. Sadly, we were attacked by the vile orcs that infest this region, for Vrina's warband were orc-slayers and the orcs wanted to defile the bodies even more and put their heads up on poles and the like. The orcs drove us back before we could save the bodies of our fallen. Brother of Shural's blood, will you help us do so?"[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases