Bounty of the Endless Sands

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Tandi scrunches her face a bit. "Listen, I'd love to help you, but you'll have to be more specific. I know lots of people more than willing to shoot someone in the back... or the front or whatever. Usually with the intent of killing them. I see no other reason to shoot someone." She pauses, looking down at the large blade Rhys carries. "Judging by the way you carry that, I'm sure you know a few of them too."

BigB

First Post
shadowbloodmoon said:
Tandi scrunches her face a bit. "Listen, I'd love to help you, but you'll have to be more specific. I know lots of people more than willing to shoot someone in the back... or the front or whatever. Usually with the intent of killing them. I see no other reason to shoot someone." She pauses, looking down at the large blade Rhys carries. "Judging by the way you carry that, I'm sure you know a few of them too."

Not like this. I admit my attitude and demeaner in this time is affected by the sandstorm, scorpions and all we have endured to find this Anton Brandovold that we seek. I am a mountain goblin, and am considered the most rash and reckelss known in the mountains of my home. I assure I am not in the practice of shooting messangers in the back. Now about his wereabouts...Rhys turns to Eskon and the others Perhaps we should bring this along with us, share our fate so to speak. How do we know she will speak the truth?

BigB

First Post
OoC: Rhys is visibly letting the events of the last few days get to him. He does not intend to speak for the party but has reached the end of his patience, Eskon was as much as dead, then the scorpions, the dead attacking them, not to mention the cost of the camels and not having tents and convincing Varina to abandon revenge on the Orcs to join them---he does not want to lose the trail now. /OoC

You can see the anger starting to build up as Tandi tries to avoid his question. Turning back to Tandi Perhaps now you can answer where is Anton, what direction, what mode of travel and anything else relevant.

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Tandi struggles to remember the events of the last few days. She knows exactly what this man is asking about now, and is curious to know his intentions with the man that defended her honor. "I know Anton. While his social demeanor is somewhat crude in most polite company, he is a man of honor. I would know, goblin, what your intentions are before I tell you what I can."

BigB

First Post
Rhys gets a confused look on his face. Man of honor? He looks to Eskon, Findoram, Irene and Vrina... This one is all yours...man of honor. Could it be?

Lot

First Post
Eskon looks back at Rhys with an equal amount of confusion.

"You and I must have different ideas of honor. The Anton we seek murdered an innocent man in cold blood. The victim was a messenger, a man offering a reward for the slaying of a dragon. We were told he was shot in the back. Does this ring any bells?"

Eskon watches Tandi for any change of expression.

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Tandi shakes her head, remembering clearly the events of the past few days, still feeling that the whole incident was her fault. "This messenger was working for a man we did not trust. In fact the whole situation caused a major rift in our circle of friends. We were keeping a young lady safe that we had rescued from a dragon earlier that day. Turns out, she didn't need rescuing at all. The woman wanted to be with the dragon and not this Larue guy that we were supposed to bring her to, according to her father. A good dragon, as we found out." She shows them the silver scale she still has. "If there was a murder we commited, it was of the dragon. As we brought the girl back to her home for the night before taking her onward to Larue, we found that her father was not there. Sometime in the morning, Larue abducted the girl out from under our watch and was already on his way to his estate, leaving only the messenger you speak of to tell us about it." Tandi pauses, letting all of that sink in.

"In my frustration, I questioned the messenger of his intentions. In turn he insulted me, not only personally, but for womankind as well. In my shame, I lost my anger and went towards the man in a less than friendly fashion. Our dwarven friend put a stop to this, and the messenger's reply was more insults. Our Anton had had enough of the decpetions and as the man left, before any of us could stop him, two of Anton's arrows were embedded in the messenger's back. We checked the messenger and it was too late, he was already gone.

Another pause, a look of relief appears on her face as she gets some of these memories out. "In Anton's home, and my own, men are killed for insulting the honor of a lady. It just isn't done. While I wouldn't have wished the man dead, what's done is done, and I do not blame Anton for his actions."

Turning the questioning around, Tandi continues. "I find it odd that Larue would have sent you after us. When we returned to the estate to explain, he could have detained Anton then and there, instead he allowed Anton and the rest of us to leave. However, if anyone is to blame, it's not Anton, it's me. If it weren't for my instigation of the matter, the messenger would still be alive and none of this would have happened."

Tandi finally takes a breath and then watches the reactions of those around her.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Says the girl who slit the throats of innocent and honourable men," Vrina mutters, obviously not buying it.

[SBLOCK=Eskon, Findoram, Rhys, Irene]You can't tell how much of this is fact or fiction, but what you do know is why, according to Bret, Anton was not detained then and there: "the killer and his accomplices were strong enough to kill a dragon, which put Zephos's fear in all of the guards"[/SBLOCK]

Lot

First Post
Eskon scowls at Tandi's report; a rare expression for the usually jovial paladin.

"Hmmm...well this does seem like a different account than we received. I was not there, so I cannot speak with any authority what really happened. But, it still doesn't sit right with me. If this Anton is an honorable man who was simply defending your honor, I can understand a duel for his satisfaction. I wouldn't condone such action, but I can understand it. But to fire on a man from behind? Twice? That is murder and cowardly murder at that. I would not be so quick to take responsibility for that act."

Eskon pauses, rubbing his well-trimmed beard with his thumb and forefinger.

"By the way, we were not sent by Larue. Maybe this Larue doesn't care who you killed or why. The person who charged us with this mission, however, does care quite a bit. But back to the point. So after he killed the messenger, Anton fled for the desert. What brings your company to this place?"

Remove ads