SciFi Channel: Season 10 is SG-1's last, Atlantis renewed

Tiberius

Explorer
Way to go, SciFi. Announce the cancellation of SG-1 so soon after its 200th episode. :-(

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=37607

SciFi Wire said:
SCI FI Channel confirmed that it will not renew its record-breaking original series Stargate SG-1 for another season, but will pick up its spinoff series Stargate Atlantis for a fourth year. SG-1 aired its 200th episode on Aug. 18, and the SF series is the longest-running SF show on American television.

Crothian

First Post
Ten years is a good run. I think the show overall has gotten a little stale and I perfer shows leaving a little early then staying too late.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Best to go out on a high note, IMO, and not drag it out until the writers get tired and the fanbase calls for their heads. :D

Of course, now we also know that the gloves are off for SG-1 all season. Characters can die for good (I'm looking at you, Shanks! :p ) and those who make it until the end always have a chance to show up on Atlantis.

Agamon

Adventurer
SG-1 just ain't the same without RDA. Not saying it deserves to die, it's still a good show. But it's lived a long, fulfilling life. And it pulled off living past it's prime better than X-Files.

Whatever happened to the 3rd show/movie rumor?

Iku Rex

Explorer
trancejeremy said:
They shouldn't have added half the cast of Farscape.
I dunno. As much as Ben and Claudia has done for the series I think adding the whole cast of Farscape would have been excessive... ;)

Anyway, I can't say I'm all that disappointed with this news. SG-1 has never really gripped me. And at least they've made the announcement in good time. We won't get one of those infuriating en-of-series cliffhangers. (I hope.)

My best-case ending: The people in charge come to their senses and make the Stargate program public. The insane lack of resources available to Stargate Command has always bugged me.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Figures. While I wished they kept Ben and Claudia on for a while longer...eh. Not like there was much they could do to save the franchise from being "old." My belief, they'll find the Ori weapon, use it, and the Gou'ald will probably [edited by admin] [start] attacking in small numbers but not enough to warrent worry. (Asgard folks. They'll be around...)

With Atlantis, at least there's a) a new cast to enjoy and b) different ways to approach the stargate and that universe.

[Admin note: Please do not slam specific real-world religious groups. Thanks.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases