Gnomes vs. Halflings - Demihuman genocide!

Gnomes vs. Halflings!

• Gnomes!

Votes: 89 42.6%
  • Halflings!

Votes: 120 57.4%

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
My dog's babysitter's uncle works for WotC, and I now KNOW that one of these races will be cut from 4E and what's more amazing, the decision will be made based on the result of THIS poll!

So, if the two races came at each other in an apocalyptic battle to the death, who wins and, thus, who is the shorty race to survive into 4E?

This is a totally serious poll and anyone participating in this without a deadly serious attitude will be slapped with a fish.

Last edited:

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Not the fish!

I vote halflings. Gnomes work best in Eberron, where they're terrifying Illuminati types. But I love all sorts of halflings. Hobbits, proto-kender gypsy-types, dino-riding tribesmen... all delicious flavors.

Demiurge out.

pawsplay

Hero
Really, a gnome is just an aboveground dwarf with levels in wizard, ranger, or bard.

Halflings, however, occupy that all-important "sticky fingers" niche.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I vote...OTHER!

I mean, consider all of the other possibilities!

Kobolds? Some kind of Fey? Small Thri-Kreen? Tiny Half-Giants with Powerful Build so they can wield Small weapons?

Small Warforged with magic missile wands in a secret chest cavity?*

I await my fish slap.

*This is a reference to a Bruce Lee spoof in Kentucky Fried Movie:

"Oh no! Toy Robot!" <CRASH as tech crashes through glass window trying to escape>

"HA! Toy Robot!" (other tech pointing at toy robot)

"EAT LEAD, SUCKER!" <akakakakakak as toy robot shoots mini-machine guns at remaining tech>

ThirdWizard

First Post
Bibooburobon.jpg

Hussar

Legend
Then again if you look at the new cover of the Margaret Weis DL book, Tasselhoff looks like a bloody short vulcan. :uhoh:

I'd like to see gnomes finally given a niche. I don't care particularly what it is, but, I just want to see gnomes done well. Poor bastard children of dwarves and short elves. I mean, they live underground, but love nature. They are technological, but magical at the same time.

Like I said, bastard offspring of elves and dwarves.

Fat Daddy

First Post
Long live the halflings!

I hate gnomes with their wee pointy hats and primary colored clothes. Plus, what's with them hanging out in the garden all the time? They're evil I tell you, EVIL.

Whizbang Dustyboots said:
This is a totally serious poll and anyone participating in this without a deadly serious attitude will be slapped with a fish.
I like fish. I prefer Pacific Salmon if possible. :)

Aeric

Explorer
Such a cruel poll...it's like being held at gunpoint and having to choose which of your two children will live. Except in this case, one child is the nosy neighbor girl from Small Wonder and the other is the title character from the Problem Child movies.

Where's Option C: you must be *this* tall to participate in my fantasy millieu?

Last edited:

Remove ads