Immortals Handbook - ASCENSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anabstercorian

First Post
I'm glad you liked my little review. When you're more finished with the divine abilities, I'll do the same to those, but I'll let you get your work done on them first. :D

But if you don't fix Seventh Sense, my disgust and outrage will be so intense that it will give you heartburn from across the Atlantic. :mad: Consider yourself warned!

By the way I got your email Ltheb mate - many thanks. ;)

Frukathka said:

Hey Frukathka dude! :)

Frukathka said:
How are you doing?

Got some great work done on the cover today - and its looking great. So I am in a pretty good mood. :)

Frukathka said:
I must say I am quite looking forward to buying the print version of your material. I have no doubt that Ascension will win an Ennie!

If they have a category for most delayed product then I should clean up. :D

Howdy! :)

Anabstercorian said:
I'm glad you liked my little review.

Yes thanks! :)

Anabstercorian said:
When you're more finished with the divine abilities, I'll do the same to those, but I'll let you get your work done on them first. :D

Okay.

Anabstercorian said:
But if you don't fix Seventh Sense, my disgust and outrage will be so intense that it will give you heartburn from across the Atlantic. :mad: Consider yourself warned!

I can't remember whether I changed it or not. :uhoh:

Hey all! :)

Okay, here are some problems for discussion:

1. Learned Spell Immunity: should this be an epic feat? I mean it only blocks subsequent uses of the same spell from the same caster.

2. [Effect] by Hit Dice: is the breakdown far too weak for a divinine ability. For instance if you take Force [Effect] and take the Blast effect. You only get d4 damage x 1/4 your Hit Dice. I mean okay you can power it up four times, but I just wonder is it too low to start with?

By effect type lets take Energy Effect for a 50 HD Lesser deity

Blast (Ray) = 12d6 /Max. (3 additional divine ability slots) 50d6
Blood = 3d6 /Max. 12d6
Breath = 12d6 /Max. 50d6
Hand (Touch) = 25d6 /Max. 100d6
Immolation = 50d6 /Max. 200d6
Storm (Aura) = 3d6 /Max. 12d6
Strike = 3d6 /Max. 12d6
Visage = 1d6 /Max. 6d6
Wave = 6d6 /Max. 25d6
Wrath (Gaze) = 6d6 /Max. 25d6

3. The Critical and Critical Multiplier chains: Should these be

1st (Improved) = feat
2nd (Greater) = epic feat
3rd (Superior) = Divine Ability
4th (Perfect) = Cosmic Ability

4. The Grace/Presence/Soul abilities: Are these too powerful for divine abilities:

Intellectual/Overwhelming/Unbreakable etc.

Intellectual Grace gives you a minimum +15 bonus to AC.
Intellectual Presence gives you a minimum +15 to Attack AND Damage.
Intellectual Soul gives you a minimum +15 to all Saves.

I'm thinking that the Presence abilities are definately too powerful, and should give you a bonus to attack, but not damage.

5. Uncanny Two-Weapon Fighting and U3WF: Should both of these be epic feats?

U_K!
Upper_Krust said:
Hey all! :)

Okay, here are some problems for discussion:

1. Learned Spell Immunity: should this be an epic feat? I mean it only blocks subsequent uses of the same spell from the same caster.
Seeing as how the Infernal, an abomination, in the ELH has it, I am thinking divine. It prevent spellcasters from spamming their most powerful spell. And if it applys to epic spells, no questions asked, it should be atleast a divine ability.
Upper_Krust said:
2. [Effect] by Hit Dice: is the breakdown far too weak for a divinine ability. For instance if you take Force [Effect] and take the Blast effect. You only get d4 damage x 1/4 your Hit Dice. I mean okay you can power it up four times, but I just wonder is it too low to start with?

Blood = 3d6 /Max. 12d6
Breath = 12d6 /Max. 50d6
Strike = 3d6 /Max. 12d6
Visage = 1d6 /Max. 6d6
Wave = 6d6 /Max. 25d6
Actually, I think it matters on what kind of action it takes to use these. If the Blast requires an attack action (With additional attacks from high bab) I think if the touch one is the same, it may be overpowered a bit (perhaps 1&1/2 x hd damage) The force blast has the advantage of being less resistable, so D4s are fine. The Divine one does d3s, perhaps it should be nerfed to d6s, but with only half as many. (D3s dont sit well with me)
I don't think it will be too much of a problem if there are some addative powers for your blast. (like in the Silver Surfer description, how he and Galactus could charge theirs up)
Upper_Krust said:
3. The Critical and Critical Multiplier chains: Should these be
1st (Improved) = feat
2nd (Greater) = epic feat
3rd (Superior) = Divine Ability
4th (Perfect) = Cosmic Ability
I think if you go increasing the critical threat range beyond x3, it gets silly. (3.0 Deepwood sniper, Keened Imp. Crit Bow in quiver of keen edges, Keen Improved Crit arrows in a quiver of keen edges, Crits on -2 through 20 if I recall) The crit multiplyer increase is fine probobly as an epic feat. Perhaps as a divine ranger ability or a cosmic ability there will be the power to crit anything. Or as you said before, it could be increased once as a feat, then once at a Divine level, etc.
Upper_Krust said:
4. The Grace/Presence/Soul abilities: Are these too powerful for divine abilities:

Intellectual/Overwhelming/Unbreakable etc.

Intellectual Grace gives you a minimum +15 bonus to AC.
Intellectual Presence gives you a minimum +15 to Attack AND Damage.
Intellectual Soul gives you a minimum +15 to all Saves.

I'm thinking that the Presence abilities are definately too powerful, and should give you a bonus to attack, but not damage.
I dont think too many people will take them except so they can add every ability score they have to everything. (If that sounds bad, change em) Unbreakable (The STR one?) is way too powerful. Who wouldn't take it, and with all the size and rage feats, you get an unkillable guy pretty quick. Perhaps they should just give a flat bonus (Like Intellectual Grace giving a +10 Insight bonus to AC) and make them stack.
Upper_Krust said:
5. Uncanny Two-Weapon Fighting and U3WF: Should both of these be epic feats?
This could go either way, but as epic feats they would be more accessable to those who take the trees. I think most gods will be throwing Divine blasts around more often than using "Dance of the Chainsaws" (3wep fighting Plus Chainsaws = gold) It is strong, but It may be better served as a feat. If you dont have room though, as a Divine power it wouldnt hurt.
Oh, U_K! your power for animating statues, are they just stone golems, or are they golems of whatever they are made of? (BWAHAHAHAHA! No, I don't have 200 Neutronium Statues of myself in my house. I am not THAT vain...)

Anabstercorian

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
I can't remember whether I changed it or not. :uhoh:

Here's a quick test: Is it RIDICULOUS and a PAIN IN THE ASS TO ADJUCATE, as well as being TIME CONSUMING, ANNOYING, and OF NO NET BENEFIT TO THE USER? Then you haven't changed it.

Upper Krust said:

Blood = 3d6 /Max. 12d6
Breath = 12d6 /Max. 50d6
Strike = 3d6 /Max. 12d6
Visage = 1d6 /Max. 6d6
Wave = 6d6 /Max. 25d6

Now that I think about it, those DO seem a little low. The maximum seems fine, but the minimum seems weak...

Last edited:

Anabstercorian said:
Here's a quick test: Is it RIDICULOUS and a PAIN IN THE ASS TO ADJUCATE, as well as being TIME CONSUMING, ANNOYING, and OF NO NET BENEFIT TO THE USER? Then you haven't changed it.
Wow, you really must not like it. :)
I can see how it would be irritating. Played in a 3.0 game, with anything-goes level 30. I played a Psionic (3.0 template in Psy handbook) Psudonatural Sorcerer. I used the power that lets me rewind time EVERY ROUND till I rolled broke SR/PR and disintigrated the foe. Annoyed everyone.
I agree the mechanic would be a pain to adjucate if everyone has it. Perhaps granting an across-the-board bonus to all rolls and AC would be better. I have the same beef with foresight; It does nothing.
Perhaps it (in ascension atleast) could function as a Moment of Prescience like effect, perhaps doubling the users divine bonus x times a day for one round.
Mechanically, it could work by making everyone "go" first, so you know what they are doing, but whatever actions you take happen in the right order.
EX: So If I were Chronos the time god, and I was fighting Captain Steroids, I may beat him in innitiative, but he has to declare his actions before I declare mine, so I would know, before he technically took his turn, that he was going to throw the outer planets at me.
Just throwing out ideas.

Anabstercorian

First Post
That, too, is a pain in the butt to adjucate. I offered a fairly elaborate mechanism for how this might fucntion, which I thought was adequate.

Ultimately, if he can't fix it, he should remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases