Immortals Handbook - ASCENSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! :)

Paragon said:
so about your new epic magic system?

I'm sorry but your in the wrong thread, questions like that should be in the Immortals Handbook: GRIMOIRE thread! :p

CRGreathouse said:
To co-opt the question, I'm waiting on RPGNow.

I appreciate the support mate! ;)

historian said:
I like the idea.

By the way I hadn't specifically commented on the update but it continues to look great.

Thanks dude! :)

Last edited:

Hey Ltheb dude! :)

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
U_K!
Congrat's on getting your own forum, now we dont have to plague the others with our mad ravings :)

Well you should be thanking ENWorld not me. But its nice to have a bit more space.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
How is Ascension comming?

Guess. :eek:

Theres an outside chance of getting Chapter 4 finished for the next update. But I still haven't finished the cover painting, although the drawing of the cover is done - and looking excellent if I do say so myself. ;)

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Btw, nice idea in the monster thread. Expect, (Once you get CH 4 done in the IH) me to post a few "things" there. (and by things, I mean monsters of such insanity that their sheer flurry of numbers will annihilate even the timelords)
I get bored easily. :)

Sure thing! :)

Hey Fieari dude! :)

Fieari said:
I myself am waiting EAGERLY for the portfolio rules, so that we can finally fully stat out Prophets and Deities at least (if not Sidereals, Time Lords, and Supernals yet).

There is no way I'll have the Portfolio chapter for the next update.

Fieari said:
There's just something about being able to take the rules and MAKE something with it that just gives you a nice satisfied feeling. Or me, anyway.

I will have the "Create Your Own Abilities" Rules in place though.

Fieari said:
I'm going to start by creating a dedicated Kobold deity, with his prophet. Kobolds have been barbaric uncivilized scavenger dogs for too long, mostly because they have no gods to lead them... most of the dragon gods despise them it seems to me, or merely pity them at best.

A Kobold Pantheon would nbe cool I think.

Hey Thundershot matey! :)

thundershot said:
GAHH! The thread! It keeps MOOOOOVING! It's actually buried now. If not for the redirection thread, I'd have never found it.

*whew*

Not to worry, I'll be updating my website today with the Forum details and thread links.

Hey Phantom Llama mate! :)

Always nice to see you over in this neck of the woods.

Phantom Llama said:
Should Superior Damage Reduction really need Improved Damage Reduction as a prerequisite? It makes it impossible to have a deity vulnerable to certain materials without giving him vulnerability based on alignment as well, which may not be appropriate for some deities that are uncaring of alignment issues.

Yes, I have been giving those some thought myself.

Phantom Llama said:
EDIT: Obviously Perfect DR would still require Improved as well as Superior (and Obscure?) DR.

Epic as standard
Improved = Alignment
Superior = Material
Obscure = Obscure Material
Perfect = No Trait

Epic ~ Improved ~ Superior ~ Perfect
Epic ~ Superior ~ Obscure ~ Perfect

There are also a number of Cosmic Damage Reductions I forgot to add to the list - DOH!

I may change the names of Improved and Superior.

I don't think Neutral Deities would take aligned, so forcing Improved on them seems a bit rough.

Phantom Llama said:
That aside, I'm curious as to what you think of this ability. It's clearly not worth a cosmic ability (you can get blanket energy immunity for less than the cost of one), but I'm not sure how it compares to the divine abilities.

Adaptive Energy Immunity (Su)
Prerequisites: Adaption
Benefit: If you take energy damage (acid, cold, electricity, fire or sonic), you become immune to that type of energy until you take damage from a different type. If you take multiple types of energy damage from a single attack the immunity gained is chosen randomly.

Interesting Power, a bit like the Learned 'X' Immunity type stuff. I like it. No more than a Divine Ability, unless you are assuming it negates all future energy of that type from that source, in which case I'd still say Divine, but perhaps needing a few other Divine Abilities or Epic Feats as prereqs.

Hiya mate - fire away! :)

Eversius said:
Quick rules question, UK.

Couldn't Inner Eye be used in conjunction with Quantum Effect to make all effect-based abilities do octuple damage? Or will you remedy this abuse in Inner Eye's pending description?

The two won't stack, its the randomness that gives the quantum boost.

However, Inner Eye would make your effects deal maximum damage.

U_K!
Ch 4 finished by Friday? Awesome.
Upper_Krust said:
If thats the case I wonder if maybe I should make all Effect type abilities Cosmic and ramp up the damage to the maximum or maybe even maximum + divine rank?

I think a couple of em should be divine, just to spread em out. Lumping them all in cosmic puts them out of the reach of any *Conservative* deity. (Ex: Any deity who takes a whole manner of different powers, and doesnt specialize)

Upper_Krust said:
I'll not be using that system within my books, that was a n optional idea I created for the website. The only way to overcome immunities is to have the appropriate portfolio(s).
I know, just citing an idea. Porfolios overcoming immunities eh? Would portfolios be the Ultimate trump or would there be something superior? (Ex: Could someone with the ultra-mega-fiery-doom power hurt a god with the fire portfolio? And what do two gods with the same portfolios do when they meet? Does it cancel out?)

Upper_Krust said:
No thats for Hit Dice, not damage.

Ah, keeping the damage scale one die size down to prevent insta-kills.

Upper_Krust said:
Exactly, I am thinking that Ability Immunity may well be Cosmic.

It could be depending on the wording and the effect. It could be like a Pick an Choose thing: Pick one ability and be immune to all versions of it (Note, still cheese with [Energy] [Effect])
If it is like the learned immunity powers, then there has to be a way around it, as it rapidly makes anything but melee combat useless. (Not that epic battles that shatter worlds arn't cool, but I doubt the wizard god of knowledge came all this way to pick up a club and smash the other guy across the head)
By the way, with your cosmic damage reduction options (I assume they are like the ones listed in the bestiary, like DR XXX/Cursed etc) Why have DR XXX/- possible at divine levels? Unless you have some mega Damage-reduction ignoring abilities, Damage Reduction to a - is as good as it gets.

Dragonmoon

Explorer
Hi Upper Krust! I'm waiting all the divine abilities and your chapter about portfolios with trepidation. The firsts are very good, but I've some questions for you.

- A divine ability to become a lich, were creature or half dragon/demon/celestial isn't too much? A not too high level mage can obtain the same result with a spell and a divine being wouldn't be more powerful then a mortal mage?
I think that for tha price of a divine ability the divine character would have the possibility to became a more powerful creature like lich, demilich, etc.

- What do you think of a cosmic ability to became a dragon with the same hit dice?

- How can an immortal become immune to non elemental energy effect (negative energy, ability score drain, etc)?

- Is there a cosmic/Trascendent version of the force field (wit "many" more hit points or an area of effect)?

- What type of creatures you can summon with adjuration? Outsiders? Only creatures with your alignment? And how much time they can remain? Will be there an improved version of this ability? (Five times your hit dices, etc)?

- How can an immortal create new creatures? He must use his quintessence? What is the maximum hit dices or ECL of a creature a god can create? For example, an intermediate god of Hell with 90 hit dice can create a personal version of a pit fiend?

Thanks and good work!

-

Howdy! :)

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
U_K!
Ch 4 finished by Friday? Awesome.

Lets just rein back on extravagant claims. I still don't have the painting done yet. :uhoh:

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
I think a couple of em should be divine, just to spread em out. Lumping them all in cosmic puts them out of the reach of any *Conservative* deity. (Ex: Any deity who takes a whole manner of different powers, and doesnt specialize)

...and therein lies the complication. :D

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
I know, just citing an idea. Porfolios overcoming immunities eh? Would portfolios be the Ultimate trump or would there be something superior? (Ex: Could someone with the ultra-mega-fiery-doom power hurt a god with the fire portfolio? And what do two gods with the same portfolios do when they meet? Does it cancel out?)

I don't like trumping immunities as it is, but I am making the best out of a flawed system. ;)

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Ah, keeping the damage scale one die size down to prevent insta-kills.

Exactly

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
It could be depending on the wording and the effect. It could be like a Pick an Choose thing: Pick one ability and be immune to all versions of it (Note, still cheese with [Energy] [Effect])
If it is like the learned immunity powers, then there has to be a way around it, as it rapidly makes anything but melee combat useless. (Not that epic battles that shatter worlds arn't cool, but I doubt the wizard god of knowledge came all this way to pick up a club and smash the other guy across the head)

Yes, I'll need to be careful. Learned Weapon Immunity may well need to be Transcendental.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
By the way, with your cosmic damage reduction options (I assume they are like the ones listed in the bestiary, like DR XXX/Cursed etc) Why have DR XXX/- possible at divine levels? Unless you have some mega Damage-reduction ignoring abilities,

Cursed is one of the options, it doubles your DR score.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Damage Reduction to a - is as good as it gets.

Is it indeed. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases