Madden NFL 07

Goodsport

Explorer
I just got this game for the PC. As with previous versions, it rocks! :cool:

It appears to have been better optimized for PC's than even last year's version (which was already a vast improvement over years past).

I'll have more time to play it later, but as with the past few versions of the game, I'll soon create myself as the starting quarterback of the San Francisco 49ers and once again begin the quest for Super Bowl glory! :D

-G

clark411

First Post
I think i was very spoiled by madden 05... I'm having a very hard time getting used to the player's perspectives in Superstar Mode. Played a LOLB and couldn't really see what the heck was going on- I just pushed forward and maybe I saw whoever had the ball. As a QB I couldn't see open recievers for the life of me over the pocket. Guess it'll just take more practice

trancejeremy

Adventurer
I got the PSP version ($27.99 @ circuit city).

It's okay, but I was a fan of the 2K series on the Xbox, and Madden seems awfully drab after that.

Goodsport

Explorer
Thus far, veteran QB Goodsport has led the Niners to preseason wins over the Bears and the Raiders. :cool:

Onward toward Dallas...

-G

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
trancejeremy said:
I got the PSP version ($27.99 @ circuit city).

It's okay, but I was a fan of the 2K series on the Xbox, and Madden seems awfully drab after that.
My roommate's a bigger fan of the 2k series than the Madden series (actually, it borders on loathing — he despises Madden :p). I prefer Madden, but there's a dramatic difference in the play styles between the two, IME, perhaps even more so than any other two sports games that model the same sport but are made by different companies.

freebfrost

Explorer
I have to rain on the parade.

For years, my friends and I have gotten together weekly for a "boys night." We might see a movie, but usually we pop in a sports game and play on the same team.

We loved Madden 06 on the Xbox and were disappointed to hear about the missing features on the 360 last year. No problem, we'll wait until the 07 version... Which I picked up last Tuesday.

Hated the character generation mode for starters. After an hour of practice our best middle linebacker had a strength of 21? But we forgave that. Last year, we thoroughly enjoy creating our own stadium, setting prices ($1 beers go a long way to keeping fan support in the upper 90th percentile!), and upgrading the facilities. Well, no Owner mode on the 360, so that was gone too. We forgave even that. When we finally get around to having our players on a team, we discover we can't get our controllers on the same team. We think it's a Live profile issue, so my friends (who don't own 360s) login and create their own profiles, thinking this will solve the problem. It doesn't.

Why? Because the 360 does not support multiplayer co-op mode. At all.

Now, given that it has had that mode for, what, 10 years, I message a friend, offer to sell him my 360 version and plan on getting the original Xbox version.

That doesn't support co-op play either. Nor does the PS2 version.

In short, a major piece of functionality was removed from all the console builds - and I only play sports games with my friends. EA has just lost me as a customer. Yeah, the game itself is gorgeous, and I'll bet the gameplay rocks too, but I'll never know.

[/rant]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases