Head of the class (stonegod judging)[Concluded]

IcyCool

First Post
Manzanita said:
OOC: I'm for option 1 as well. By the way, what is 7th Sea?

OOC: 7th Sea is AEG's game of swashbuckling and sorcery that takes place in a psuedo-europe around the 17th century. It was adapted to d20 at one point (Swashbuckling Adventures), but we'll be using the Alderac Roll and Keep system. Judging by the backgrounds I've gotten (3 in, 4 more to go), the game should be a riot. :)

Someone

Adventurer
ooc: lots of things posted while I was typing. I kept one Cure light potion, deducting it's (half) value from the treasure I'm getting; as long nobody keeps the same item as another character, and the total half value of the items kept is less that our share of the treasure once sold, the total money everyone gets remains unchanged. It's probably the simplest form of sharing the treasure.

Now it's just the xp, a brief shopping spree and back to he tavern.

Patlin

Explorer
Someone said:
...as long nobody keeps the same item as another character, and the total half value of the items kept is less that our share of the treasure once sold, the total money everyone gets remains unchanged. It's probably the simplest form of sharing the treasure.

Agreed. Grab up your half price potions of CLW, humanoids! :)

Someone

Adventurer
IcyCool said:
OOC: 7th Sea is AEG's game of swashbuckling and sorcery that takes place in a psuedo-europe around the 17th century. It was adapted to d20 at one point (Swashbuckling Adventures), but we'll be using the Alderac Roll and Keep system. Judging by the backgrounds I've gotten (3 in, 4 more to go), the game should be a riot. :)

ooc: I played a short campaing once, only that we didn't stomach the rulebook's pseudo-europe and played in the 17th century real world (actually in our city). My character was a big guy that fought only with his fists, with an specialization on fighting groups (I had a free raise when atacking several targets). By his background, his 'adventuring' partner was recently executed and by some chance of destiny he found a guy that was exactly like him (another PC), but he couldn't believe he wasn't his former buddy.

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: I'm updating Anvuss's character sheet to include the following:

1) Purchase of Masterwork Thieve's (open lock, disable device) Tools 100 gp
2) Purchase of Masterwork Atificer's (UMD) Tool 50 gp

Patlin

Explorer
Patlin said:
[Sblock=Anvuss contemplates applying the new resources towards his vocation.]Comments and math corrections welcome.

Scrolls from the Paladin spell list
Bless Weapon x2
Lesser Restoration x4

Base price calculations
I believe that since a Paladin capable of casting these spells would have a minimum caster level of 2, I must use a value of 2 or greater for the CL.

Spell Level (1) x CL (2) x 25 gp = 50 gp each (base)
Cost to scribe = 2 xp and 25 gp each
Total, all 6 spells = 12 xp and 150 gp

Have I got that right?

Also, I'm thinking about expeditious retreat x3 and mount x3, but those are easy to calculate. They'll cost 3 xp and 37.5 gp per scroll of 3.[/sblock]

[sblock=Crafting Rolls]Scoll of Mount x3: DC 21
Scroll of Mount x3 (Use action point on roll of 9 or 10) (1d20+10=18) Success
Scoll of Expeditious Retreat x3: DC 21
Scroll of Expeditious Retreat x3 (Use AP on roll of 9 or 10) (1d20+10=11)
Abysmal failure.
Attempt 2: Scroll of Expeditious Retreat x3 (Use AP on roll of 9 or 10) (1d20+10=16)
"Last Ditch Effort" Succeeds, no extra costs.[/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
Patlin said:
[Sblock=Anvuss contemplates applying the new resources towards his vocation.]Comments and math corrections welcome.

Scrolls from the Paladin spell list
Bless Weapon x2
Lesser Restoration x4

Base price calculations
I believe that since a Paladin capable of casting these spells would have a minimum caster level of 2, I must use a value of 2 or greater for the CL.

Spell Level (1) x CL (2) x 25 gp = 50 gp each (base)
Cost to scribe = 2 xp and 25 gp each
Total, all 6 spells = 12 xp and 150 gp

Have I got that right?

Also, I'm thinking about expeditious retreat x3 and mount x3, but those are easy to calculate. They'll cost 3 xp and 37.5 gp per scroll of 3.[/sblock]

[sblock=More Crafting Rolls]
Scroll Bless Weapon (Pal1, CL 2) x2 (50 gp, 4 xp)
Scroll of Bless Weapon x2 CL 2 = DC 22. Use AP on roll of 10 or 11. (1d20+10=21) Used action point.
Scroll Restoration (Pal1, CL 2) x2 (50 gp, 4 xp)
Scroll of Restoration x2 CL 2 = DC 22. Use AP on roll of 10 or 11. (1d20+10=28)
[/sblock]

Manzanita

First Post
Raven's think's Seat's explanation is a good one. No point getting Reeger any more involved that he already is. Raven will mention to him that the codex seems to have the ability to turn men into Vargoulles.

OOC: Raven will keep a MW longsword and a potion of CLW. Thus her cash share would be 1445.2-25 (potion) -315/2 (sword) = 1262.7. (right?) AWESOME! This should be enough for her to buy MW studded leather and a darkwood sheild. She'll be well-equipped upon her return to the inn.

And, hey. Icycool, I thought this adventure was great. Loved the twists, the NPCs, the bad guys, the whole bit. Even the other PCs. Look forward to seeing you run another someday..

EDIT: Oh, one more thing, care to share any info from Bryllys' correspondence with Wuulhash before we wrap this up?

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Indeed, this was a great adventure and I would have loved to participate in a sequel. Hopefully when you have more time one of my characters will be available!

Remove ads