High School and Middle School Gaming Clubs

geekspeakweekly

First Post
I am not sure where to post this so I hope it is ok here.

I sponsor a gaming club at the high school where I am the librarian. I am trying to help start two more in the area this year. My question is:

1)How many of you out there are currently in high school/middle school and have a gaming club at your school?

2)Of those of you who do not, would you like to have one?

3)If youw want one what is stopping you?

4) If you are older and out of school...did you have one when you were a student?

I am asking these question because I would like to get a feel for how widespread these clubs are and if there is a need out there for an origaization to help start clubs at schools that do not have them.

Just for your info
our club is nine years old this year
we have about sixty kids (although that drops around report card time)
we play five nights a week (not everyone but the options is there)
we have one late night session a month (2:00 - 10:30 pm) and one over night per year both of these are in the library.
I also sponsor the Japanese Animation club, there is lots of spillover and they participate in the evening events.

Thanks

Meloncov

First Post
I toyed with the idea of starting one at my school, even got as far as finding a sponsor, but never went through with it. My home games keep me busy enough, and people tend to be very busy after classes at my school (its a prep school with lots of homework, a 75 percen sport participation rate, and a nearly 90% club involvement rate)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases