Immortals Handbook Dot Com (Website Discussion, Wish List)

Hey all! :)

Okay this is just a general thread for requests about what you would like to see in terms of articles and features on the website. While I have been very busy with Ascension the past few months I'll try and get a lot of things done when I get that book finished.

Here are a few things in the pipeline:

- Primal Order Book Review
- D&D Movie "Tomb of Horror" synopsis
- Superman D&D stats (as requested by Dante)
- Storm Riders Movie Review
- New Monster 'Rocatrice'

So if you have any requests or ideas, this is the thread to post them in.

historian

First Post
This is really good news U_K.

One thing (and I think I've mentioned it to you by e-mail previously) is that I think your concept of the divine ranks is so damn good that it could work as a "meta" system or add on to virtually any RPG that's out there. In short, I think it would allow a bevy of gamers to put a playable version of their favorite character into a non-d20 system.

Accordingly I don't think you could possibly go wrong with any conversion notes or theories that you have as applicable to another system (like you've done with MSH RPG).

I've tinkered with parts of it for WEG d6, GURPS, and several others. I'm currently playing around with an Event Horizon games called Swords of the Middle Kingdom (Wuxia fantasy circa 1600-1800). Let me tell you that Ascension, even in an incomplete form, makes it really straightforward to capture divine level beings and above in a game otherwise capped at a roughly Hero-Deity level.

Once you've completed all of the Divine and better abilities the matter will only become simpler.

Point being I think your system is more than sufficiently robust to handle everything out there. Aside from being mechanically good it jogs hundreds of epic + ideas (I think you could have a great deal of fun in even Nobilis and Amber).

I would also love to hear some disturbed ramblings on Xona-Beings. :p

Of course, I say this realizing that you've got a LOT of writing and work on the core d20 project, but your ideas are really bigger than any one system.

I appreciate your confidence in me Servitor. ;)

Hiya historian mate! :)

historian said:
This is really good news U_K.

One thing (and I think I've mentioned it to you by e-mail previously) is that I think your concept of the divine ranks is so damn good that it could work as a "meta" system or add on to virtually any RPG that's out there. In short, I think it would allow a bevy of gamers to put a playable version of their favorite character into a non-d20 system.

Accordingly I don't think you could possibly go wrong with any conversion notes or theories that you have as applicable to another system (like you've done with MSH RPG).

I've tinkered with parts of it for WEG d6, GURPS, and several others. I'm currently playing around with an Event Horizon games called Swords of the Middle Kingdom (Wuxia fantasy circa 1600-1800). Let me tell you that Ascension, even in an incomplete form, makes it really straightforward to capture divine level beings and above in a game otherwise capped at a roughly Hero-Deity level.

Once you've completed all of the Divine and better abilities the matter will only become simpler.

Point being I think your system is more than sufficiently robust to handle everything out there. Aside from being mechanically good it jogs hundreds of epic + ideas (I think you could have a great deal of fun in even Nobilis and Amber).

I would also love to hear some disturbed ramblings on Xona-Beings. :p

Of course, I say this realizing that you've got a LOT of writing and work on the core d20 project, but your ideas are really bigger than any one system.

Well lets wait until I actually have a finished Ascension out there before you start singing my praises like that.

I have Nobilis and Amber, I'll look towards some sort of conversion in the future. WEG d6 I played back in the day and I have GURPS Hellboy so maybe I can conjure up something with those systems too, but no promises. It means going in and reverse engineering the rule mechanics which takes a bit of time, something I don't seem to have much of at the moment.

historian

First Post
Hey U_K! :)

Well lets wait until I actually have a finished Ascension out there before you start singing my praises like that.

Pish posh, you've already delivered the conceptual framework and most of the rest will fall into place.

No pressure. :p

I have Nobilis and Amber, I'll look towards some sort of conversion in the future. WEG d6 I played back in the day and I have GURPS Hellboy so maybe I can conjure up something with those systems too, but no promises. It means going in and reverse engineering the rule mechanics which takes a bit of time, something I don't seem to have much of at the moment.

I wouldn't expect much until all else is done, just a thought.

At a basic level though much of it is pretty easy to work with.

Hey guys! :)

Just in case it wasn't obvious enough, the website is undergoing some changes which I probably won't get finished until Sunday night (I'll be working all day on Ascension tomorrow). So certain links and pages may not yet be working, notably in around the offerings/immortals handbook pages, and the ability to pre-order the print version of the Bestiary (which I wouldn't advise doing yet anyway, because I don't know if there will be one).

Hi Alzrius mate!

Alzrius said:
Are you saying that the print version of the IH Bestiary is in doubt??? :confused:

I wouldn't go that far. But the simple fact of the matter is that, at this point, I don't know when it will be available.

Hey guys! :)

Okay, I just updated the website with stats for Orcus. Obviously, this being me, the darn things are not totally finished.

So if anyone would care to venture any input at this stage I am open to suggestions.

The Feat List certain needs work for the Greater Power and Lesser power version, but not the Quasi-Power version.

I haven't done the Cleric Spell-lists (for all three versions) yet.

I'm also pondering what Divine Abilities to give each version. Poisonous [Effect] seems likely.

I am not sure what to do for some of the artifacts. He certainly needs one defensive item (The Arm of Orcus?) and one miscellaneous item (Orcus-ring?).

I will fix the Spell-like Abilities myself in a day or two.

So other than the spell-like abilities I am happy to take suggestions.

Remove ads