Ok, Disney's not so bad after all...

Ranger REG

Explorer
Nuclear Platypus said:
They've released the first seasons of both Darkwing Duck and Talespin!
[announcer] On sale for a limited time, and then they go back into the Disney vault! So you better hurry! Pick one up today!

Not bad? Riiiiiiiiight. :]

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Ranger REG said:
Not bad? Riiiiiiiiight. :]

Right, because wanting to market their resources so that they make money is bad?

A company is bad when it hurts people. Nobody gets hurt by this.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Umbran said:
Right, because wanting to market their resources so that they make money is bad?

A company is bad when it hurts people. Nobody gets hurt by this.
No, it's bad when they use the same advertising gimmick: after a limited time, it goes back to the Disney vault.

I say screw it, we're pillaging the vault! And if we happen to find a cryogenic Walt Disney inside, I'll spit-roast him. :]

Pants

First Post
Ranger REG said:
No, it's bad when they use the same advertising gimmick: after a limited time, it goes back to the Disney vault.

I say screw it, we're pillaging the vault! And if we happen to find a cryogenic Walt Disney inside, I'll spit-roast him. :]
Man dude you hate way too much.

Darth Shoju

First Post
Nuclear Platypus said:
They've released the first seasons of both Darkwing Duck and Talespin! Now I have to scrounge up the cash to buy them.

While it's cool that they are releasing those shows on DVD (I watched both as a kid), I'm still rather miffed at them for screwing around with the Gargoyles DVDs. There are 3 seasons of Gargoyles, the third being widely discounted as non-canonical as it was done by a totally different creative team. That leaves the first season of 13 episodes and the second of 52. So Disney releases season 1, then quickly releases season 2 vol 1. After the sales weren't what they hoped they've said they have no immediate plans to release season 2 vol 2.

I can understand Disney doesn't want to do this for free, but all they have to do is one more dvd set (3 dvds) to satisfy most fans (I could do without the 3rd season, but it would be good to have it too). It's just really frustrating to be so close to completion and come up short.

[/rant]

:mad:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases