Price to buy rust monsters and other trainable monsters?

I realized that with a 7th level Marshal with a 20 Charisma (18 base, +2 cloak), I could take the Motivate Charisma aura, Animal Affinity feat, Skill Focus (Handle Animal) feat, and with full skill ranks have a +25 bonus to Handle Animal checks.

Marshal, excerpt from the Miniature's Handbook.

That level of mastery in Handle Animal would let me easily train magical beasts or even aberrations, since the DC is no higher than 20 for any training type, +5 for it being something other than an animal. Thus, I'm interested in making a character who owns a pet rust monster, or perhaps some other critter with an Intelligence of 1 or 2. Maybe a pet flying critter I could ride on

Does anyone know costs to buy these sorts of creatures? Or rules to acquire them otherwise?

Rules to acquire them:
- adventure until you find one
- Subdue it

:lol:

Seriously tho, that is what I would have you do. Perhaps in a larger metropolis there are 'collectors' who gather living specimens of weird animals.. but those would be pricey to purchase as they had hired adventurers to go acquire these dangerous critters in the first place.... you would be paying for the guarentee of a critter while they paid for the hope of a critter.

If I had to think about it, the cost would be based on hiring adventuring party that is at least CR+2 for the critter in question. This cost would, of course, vary based on how succesful the party is. You may want to hire a specialized tracker {aka Ranger} to lead the party to the target.. or have them hire local guides..
You could lose alot of money that way :)

pawsplay

Hero
Probably the most convenient method is to higher a 15th level wizard to polymorph a creature of the same basic size using polymorph any object. That would be expensive, but it would give you an upper price band.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases