D&D 3E/3.5 Oozeforged!

Nifft

Penguin Herder
EDIT: Moved to first post, because why make people wade through all this? :)

Cheers, -- N

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Looks quite good to me now and fair at LA +0, though I'm still digesting the effects of the feats. It has a lot of useful abilities, but they're fairly balanced by the movement and extra stat penalty. The only thing I could possiblly see now is somebody who doesn't care about the Str loss like a caster playing it just for the immunities, but it doesn't seem broken even at that point.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I think they'd make good Psions or Psychic Warriors, but they can't do the normal Psion trick of wearing a lot of armor. Also, they will face a dilemma: more [Psionic] feats or more [Dralasite] feats?

As a Wizard or Psion, they will strongly regret the lack of a headband / helmet slot. :]
As a Cleric, they will strongly regret the loss of armor, and 1/3 of their forms lack an Amulet slot.
As a Sorcerer, they will regret that 2/3 of their forms lack a Cloak slot.
Druid is a good option (as usual) -- but they lose most of their cool goodies when they Wild Shape.

Thoughts?

thanks, -- N

Deekin

Adventurer
I'm Suprised that no one mentions that d20 Future already has a conversion of the Drastlites.

Dralasites share the following species traits:
Type: Aberration,
Size: Medium-size. Dralasites have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Ability Modifiers: -2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution. Dralasites are resilient but awkward.
Speed: 20 feet. Due to their amorphous form, dralasites move slower than humans and other beings of similar size.

Armor Restrictions: A dralasite cannot wear armor designed for other species. Armor designed for dralasite use is more expensive than normal, taking into account the species' unique physiology;increase the armor's purchase DC by +1.

Darkvision (Ex): Dralasites possess darkvision out to a range of 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only but otherwise the same as normal sight, and dralasites can function with no light at all.

Elasticity (Ex): A dralasite's stretchable skin is supported by a complex muscle structure. Regardless of its shape, a dralasite's body cannot be thinner than 1 foot and cannot expand beyond a width of 5 feet.
A dralasite can "grow" arms and legs to use for handling objects and walking, and it can reabsorb limbs that are no longer needed.
A dralasite can grow a number of limbs equal to 5 + its Dexterity modifier (maximum 8). The dralasite must decide whether a limb becomes an arm or a leg when it is grown. Growing or absorbing a limb is a move action. A limb can be up to 3 feet long and no less than 3 inches thick. "Fingers" for handling items can be up to 3 inches long and no less than 1/2 inch thick.
A dralasite does not gain extra attacks for having extra arms. However, it can use its extra arms to grasp items, including weapons, which then don't need to be drawn or stowed. A dralasite with three or more free arms gains a +4 bonus on grapple checks.

A dralasite with no legs or more than two legs gains a +4 stability bonus on checks to resist bull rush and trip attempts.

Scent (Ex): A dralasite gains the scent ability (see page 228 of the d20 Modern Roleplaying Game).

Skill Bonuses: Due to their inscrutable facial expressions and their uncanny knack for reading others, dralasites gain a +2 species bonus on Bluff and Sense Motive checks.

Vulnerability to Gas Attacks: Due to their heightened sense of smell, dralasites take a -4 penalty on Fortitude saving throws made to resist gas attacks.

Free Language Skills: Read/Write Dralasite, Speak Dralasite.

Level Adjustment: +0.

whydirt

First Post
The requirement of Iron Will for the Oozy Mind feat seems steep. If you want to keep the Iron Will prerequisite, I think switching the benefit to the "Slippery Mind" ability suggested earlier might be more useful.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Deekin said:
I'm Suprised that no one mentions that d20 Future already has a conversion of the Drastlites.

Dralasites share the following species traits:
Type: Aberration,
Size: Medium-size. Dralasites have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Ability Modifiers: -2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution. Dralasites are resilient but awkward.
Speed: 20 feet. Due to their amorphous form, dralasites move slower than humans and other beings of similar size.

Cool! Looks like my vague childhood memory is somewhat accurate! :)

I'm happy with my race, though, and I'm aiming squarely for Ooze rather than Aberration -- "Oozeforged" does have a certain ring to it, doesn't it?

What do you mean, it doesn't?!

Thanks, -- N

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases