Steve "Crocodile Hunter" Irwin Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently he was killed by a sting-ray barb that went through his chest. See here for more details.

As sad as it is it was really only a matter of time before something like this happened.

Olaf the Stout

Treebore

First Post
Yes. In fact he was filming a documentary when this happened. I hope this is some kind of bad hoax. I really like him.

Kinda makes me want to take back all those things I used to say about him and other animal TV people. I used to think they really played up the dangers to a point of there had to be no danger. Guess I was wrong.....kinda sucks.

Ambrus

Explorer
It looks legit. I can't imagine why anyone would pursue such a hoax; it'd be in pretty poor taste. I feel kind of bad. I used to watch his show when it was still on and always expected to see him ending up killed because of his outlandish entanglements with wild animals. Now that's its actually happened I regret ever having harbored those feelings; I admit it was a rather perverse and childish notion. :(

I especially feel sorry for his wife and child. He'll be missed.

It's definitely legit. It's all over the Australian TV and radio at the moment. If it is a hoax it must be a reasonably good one to suck all the media in.

Olaf the Stout

Tuzenbach

First Post
Olaf the Stout said:
It's definitely legit. It's all over the Australian TV and radio at the moment. If it is a hoax it must be a reasonably good one to suck all the media in.

Olaf the Stout
Stupid CNN hasn't said one word.

Nyaricus

First Post
Damn, he was one of my favourite childhood stars; I used to watch his show religiously when I was a kid, with my mom before she passed away... it's really too bad, all-in-all, but at least he got great press for the righteous things he beleived in, and died doing them as well. No one could say he didn't have a great life :)

I think I'll have a beer, in his honour *goes and gets a Sleemans Honey Brown*

Bottoms up, mate :D

Olly

First Post
I am really upset, now. Gutted, in fact.

I think it is such a real tragedy that this could happen to such a kind, sweethearted man who was so full of life and love for what he did. Steve Irwin did so much good work towards educating people about the plight of rare and endangered animals and did so in such an exciting, entertaining way. He clearly cared so much about wildlife and I, for one, am genuinely saddened by the fact that he could be taken from us so young.

I hope his wife and his little girl will be alright. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads