Malvoisin's Savage Tide, Act 1 - There Is No Honor

Malvoisin

First Post
hafrogman said:
Keoni lay down the fruit at which he was nibbling when Lavinia starts speaking. He stares thoughtfully at the ceiling while she describes her problem. Once she is finished, he glances around at the others, gauging their reactions, listening to Anar and Col before responding for himself.

"I cannot say I like the sound of this Vark fellow, but it seems like information and proof are the most important things here. If the harbor master will not listen, presumably he has a superior to whom we could speak if we had proof of our claims. The money he claims not to have and a small ring could probably be taken, but if we try and remove too much from the ship, it would attract unwanted attention, no?"
Lavinia shakes her head. "Unfortunately, Lord Isalaran is Harbormaster, and the Azure District's representative on the Dawn Council as well. He answers to no one save the other council members, and they certainly do not see a minor noblewoman's financial difficulties as a pressing problem for the city. And, as you say, I have no proof that I paid the tax...foolish of me, I know, but what's done is done. Furthermore, you may remove anything you like from the ship, because it belongs to me, and I give you my permission. The first things I'm hoping you will remove are Vark and his cronies."

Last edited:

Malvoisin

First Post
Voadam said:
Kalen enjoys the fruit and fish, a touch of the venison, and the small talk, bantering with Anar.

Kalen agrees with Anar's assessment. "A true cad, trying to take advantage of a woman in a tight spot. If he knows of the vault and ring then it sounds like he is trying to gain it all himself as well as your craft. I'm sure there will be weak willed lackeys willing to talk about what they are doing aboard the ship. However there are two key rings to the vault you say, how was your mother's ring lost? Do you fear it has fallen into foul hands as well?
Lavinia answers Kalen, "No, it would not seem so. Mother's ring was lost innocently enough, dropped in the canals as she and my father went for a romantic jaunt one day." She seems a bit saddened as she talks about her parents. "Even if someone did discover it, I don't see what use it would be to them. The truth is, I just need to get my father's ring, so I can use it as a key to gain access to the vault."

Last edited:

Malvoisin

First Post
stonegod said:
As he picks out bits of fish with his pinky, Col adds to no one in particular, "Lost? Hrm. I recall that the Rituals of Shulak Klur should be able to bind a fiend of the Lost Plane for the purposing of finding what was lost. Though I doubt we have sixty six virgin sheep and the black heart of a traitor for it!" He chuckles softly to himself at this last bit.
"Indeed..." mutters Lavinia, giving Col an odd look.

Rhun

First Post
Anar stands and glances about the table at the gathered men. Then, he turns back to Lady Lavinia and offers another deep bow. "M'lady, of course you shall have our aid. We shall endeavor to recover your vessel and other belongings, using all means at our disposal. If Vark will not deal with us in a civilized manner and come to a reasonable accord, then we shall of course find other means to retrieve your rightful property."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Rhun said:
"If Vark will not deal with us in a civilized manner and come to a reasonable accord, then we shall of course find other means to retrieve your rightful property."
Col grins mischievously. "Ayup. A longlegged crawly from the depths of the Abyss gots plenty of ways to convince a man. Specially when its in the shorts, har!"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: Col will also do a Knowledge (local, nobility, something?) on what he's heard about these vaults to 1) to see if she's telling the truth and 2) if there is really no other way in.

GwydapLlew

First Post
Chongo eats in silence, spearing each morsel of food with a knife and eating it off the blade. He lets the others do that talking, more comfortable with others making the plans than taking the initiative.

"Job is simple. I will do this. If these men get in our way, Chongo will kill them. Two hundred is a lot of gold."

Malvoisin

First Post
stonegod said:
OOC: Col will also do a Knowledge (local, nobility, something?) on what he's heard about these vaults to 1) to see if she's telling the truth and 2) if there is really no other way in.
[sblock=Col, Knowledge]The only thing Col knows about the vaults of the noble families is that they are located under Castle Teraknian in Sasserine Harbor. Still, there is no specific reason to think Lavinia would be lying.[/sblock]

Malvoisin

First Post
Rhun said:
Anar stands and glances about the table at the gathered men. Then, he turns back to Lady Lavinia and offers another deep bow. "M'lady, of course you shall have our aid. We shall endeavor to recover your vessel and other belongings, using all means at our disposal. If Vark will not deal with us in a civilized manner and come to a reasonable accord, then we shall of course find other means to retrieve your rightful property."
stonegod said:
Col grins mischievously. "Ayup. A longlegged crawly from the depths of the Abyss gots plenty of ways to convince a man. Specially when its in the shorts, har!"
GwydapLlew said:
Chongo eats in silence, spearing each morsel of food with a knife and eating it off the blade. He lets the others do that talking, more comfortable with others making the plans than taking the initiative.

"Job is simple. I will do this. If these men get in our way, Chongo will kill them. Two hundred is a lot of gold."
Smiling, Lavinia exclaims, "Wonderful! I'm so glad I can count on the three of you! What of the rest of you? Are you in as well?" She looks to Kalen, Damash, and Keoni for their answers.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases