Malvoisin's Savage Tide, Act 1 - There Is No Honor

Malvoisin

First Post
Voadam said:
Kalen steps into the boat "So it looks like he found the ring and may be sailing off to the vault now wherever that might be." Kalen thinks and then says with the beginning of a smile. "Col might have some scroll paper and ink, anybody know Lord Isalaron's symbol?"

OOC: Col would know the symbol of Islaran's house. It's a green sea serpent coiled around a lighthouse perched on a rock jutting from the ocean, all set against a blue sky.

The question is, does anyone have the artistic skill needed to convincingly render this symbol using only ink and parchment? ;)

Tonks

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Sorry for the delay. Miss 24 hrs and you almost miss the ship![/sblock]

Earlier today

The dark waters of the harbor hid Damash, but his eyes were able to see through the brackish haze and stare at the Blue Nixie above him. He had been under the water for the majority of the day, staring up at the ship, protected by Istishia’s body from the casual gaze. While he was unsure of the exact size of the crew, he had counted half a dozen souls since he approached the ship and felt confident that he had not counted any person twice. The ship was braced against a series of barge floats that provided him excellent cover and perhaps they could be used against those aboard the ship again later tonight. While he knew he could make the swim from the docks to them easily, of the others in the group he felt only Chongo could make the swim without having to come up for air once.

Seeing the sun begin to shift again, Damash knew he had to return to the others and tell them of what he had witnessed, but first he had to prepare for tonight.

Current time

As the others gathered at the end of the pier, Damash approached and knew that he could no longer pass himself off as a simple dockworker in Sasserine. The shell greaves of his armor, the front of his buckler, and spear were all marked with the cresting wave of Istishia, but the leather bracers wrapped around his forearms still allowed him to keep his true heritage hidden for the time.

‘The depths do not give up their mysteries at first sail…’

As they turned as a group to face him, Damash managed to keep his face steady and voice calm, but his hands betrayed his nervousness by clenching and unclenching the spear’s haft as he began to speak.

“As you see the Nixie is preparing to leave, but I have watched her all of today. At least six men are on her as we speak, but there are likely that many who were resting during the day to be ready to sail her tonight. She has not dropped an anchor to hold her steady; instead, she has allowed herself to be held in check by those floating barges. They offer cover to those who can make it underneath to reach the air pockets created and could offer an entrance point up the ropes which secure her to them.”

Seeing Col’s mismatched eyes settling upon him, Damash felt his resolve weaken and he looked around uncertain for a moment.

“I apologize for missing you at the appointed hour, but the tides rush for no one and would not hear my words until I had became as calm as they were. The waters will heed my call and give us what aide they can provide, but the ties here are not as strong as they once were.”

'The town is built upon the water, but its focus is always on itself...'

[sblock=spell selection]Damash will have the following spells: 0: Create Water, Guidance(x2); 1st: Longstrider*, Bless, Command[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Malvoisin said:
OOC: Col would know the symbol of Islaran's house. It's a green sea serpent coiled around a lighthouse perched on a rock jutting from the ocean, all set against a blue sky.

The question is, does anyone have the artistic skill needed to convincingly render this symbol using only ink and parchment? ;)
OOC: That'd be Forgery, that Int untrained skill, right. :) Though, I don't think we have all the materials for it.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Voadam said:
Kalen steps into the boat "So it looks like he found the ring and may be sailing off to the vault now wherever that might be." Kalen thinks and then says with the beginning of a smile. "Col might have some scroll paper and ink, anybody know Lord Isalaron's symbol?"
Col gather's up his bones, and deposits them deftly into a fold in his clothes. "Yar. It be a serpent o' the sea clutch'n a lighthouse jutting from a lonely rock in the ocean the ocean in a clear sky, but I donna know what good it do ya."

"As for my tell'n, the ways be dark and stormy, but there do be a chance we prevail. We can leave as soon as..."

Tonks said:
As the others gathered at the end of the pier, Damash approached and knew that he could no longer pass himself off as a simple dockworker in Sasserine. The shell greaves of his armor, the front of his buckler, and spear were all marked with the cresting wave of Istishia, but the leather bracers wrapped around his forearms still allowed him to keep his true heritage hidden for the time.

Seeing Col’s mismatched eyes settling upon him, Damash felt his resolve weaken and he looked around uncertain for a moment.

“I apologize for missing you at the appointed hour, but the tides rush for no one and would not hear my words until I had became as calm as they were. The waters will heed my call and give us what aide they can provide, but the ties here are not as strong as they once were.”
The old man gave the boy a piercing look. "There you be, dock's boy. Favored of The Water Lord, are we? Some'n to be jaw'n about another time, mayhap. As for now, we already be 'stablished that we all no be swim'n. If Kalen wish'n to be creat'n a distraction, I can be w' him and Anar while some of the rest of ya be slippin' by elsewise, under the water like."

Tonks

First Post
stonegod said:
The old man gave the boy a piercing look. "There you be, dock's boy. Favored of The Water Lord, are we? Some'n to be jaw'n about another time, mayhap. As for now, we already be 'stablished that we all no be swim'n. If Kalen wish'n to be creat'n a distraction, I can be w' him and Anar while some of the rest of ya be slippin' by elsewise, under the water like."

Looking at the unfurled sails of the Nixie, Damash wondered if the old man could distract them long enough for them to climb the ropes, or would they become exposed and too far away to assist the others.

"I know Chongo and I could make it to the first air pocket, but I do not know about the other. You would have to keep their full focus away from the ropes to give us time to climb aboard, if they see us before then, we will be at their mercy and even the sea will not be able to aide me."

Voadam

Legend
"I'm sure when they hear that we are on delegation from lord Islaran to deal with the cursed ring that was among the late lord's effects aboard ship that we will have their full attention. Col's explanation of the effects of the Black Jiturne are most riveting and I think it likely they will want to know how we plan to determine if any of the crew have become possessed by the Iraxian Scourge."

GwydapLlew

First Post
"Chongo thinks speed important. Ship getting ready for trip, busy time for crew. Chongo and Damash slip up boat, Col and rest talk. If crew think only a few, we surprise them."

He continues to prep the small launch as they all talk, making sure everything is ready to go.

"Be prepared to kill. Rough waters ahead."

Last edited:

Tonks

First Post
Nodding his head in agreement with his role in the plan, Damash secured his short spear to his back and tied a slipknot around the hilt of his knife. When the others climbed into the boat, Damash pointed to the floating barges.

"We will go to the one closest to the ship, the center provides the air pocket we will need."

Slipping under the water with Chongo beside him, Damash cut through the water with swift strong strokes towards their destination.

'We shall see what the tides hold for us now...'

Rhun

First Post
Anar

"We shall hail them when we get close, and try to convince them to let us onboard to help deal with the magics of this ring. If nothing else, we will provide a distraction for Damash and Chongo to climb up the ropes and hide." Glancing around at his companions, he continues. "I doubt they will see the four of us as a threat, at any rate. I am quite confident that we will at least get aboard the vessel before they discover our ruse." With that, he grabs the oars and offers up a hopeful smile.

Last edited:

GwydapLlew

First Post
Chongo secures his javelins in their quiver and slips into the water, trailing in Damash's wake.

[sblock=OOC]How many Swim checks?[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases