Urban Ranger?

Arabesu

I know that there are several variants of the ranger class tailored to urban environments. But I can't find them in any of the wotc products. Does anyone know if an official urban ranger exists, and within which book is it located.

Arabesu

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
You bet. I played one of these in an Eberron game, and had a blast. It's in Unearthed Arcana, which means it's in the SRD. Here you go!

EDIT - Darn it, too slow. Curse you, Mistwell!
EDIT EDIT - But faster than Duane!

irdeggman

First Post
Piratecat said:
You bet. I played one of these in an Eberron game, and had a blast. It's in Unearthed Arcana, which means it's in the SRD. Here you go!

EDIT - Darn it, too slow. Curse you, Mistwell!
EDIT EDIT - But faster than Duane!

I may be slow but I taught him how to fish by sending him to the "lists". :)

frankthedm

First Post
IMO the normal ranger can get so much mileage out of favored enemy human in city based campaign that he does not deserve any more juice for being in a city. The paladin has to abide by the city’s authority; the fighter has to deal with cities that frown on worn and carried armor and weapons, the barbarian will probably wind up in jail if properly roleplayed. Just because the ranger can’t handle real monsters does not mean he deserves more class abilities to try and get the rest of the party to stay in town.

This actually would be a good balancing factor if it replaced the favored enemy rather than being an option.
Favored Enemy
At the game master's discretion, an urban ranger may select an organization instead of a creature type as his favored enemy. For example, a character might select a particular thieves' guild, merchant house, or even the city guard. The favored enemy bonuses would apply to all members of the chosen organization, regardless of their creature type or subtype.

Last edited:

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
frankthedm said:
Ithe barbarian will probably wind up in jail if properly roleplayed.

The fact that you can type the words "if properly roleplayed" with a straight face is simply stunning.

Remove ads