Resolute PR Department - WITHDRAWN

Rystil Arden

First Post
hero4hire said:
I agree with Salix.
This just seems like cooperative fiction. If elements of the story involved other PCs without thier consent or some kind of Earth Shattering Event they could be summarily ignored and not considered part of 'continuity'.
So in that sense, does that mean that 100% of all adventures will then by necessity be missions? I was thinking that this thread, if taken a bit more generally, could be used as a springboard for adventures that were not official missions assigned by the UN.

hero4hire

Explorer
If someone was willing to GM a non-mission "Roleplaying" adventure. I'd have no objection to it.

But I think a specific thread similiar to the Training Room is unneeded.

The GM should just get his adventure approved via guidelines and get some players.

Rystil Arden

First Post
hero4hire said:
If someone was willing to GM a non-mission "Roleplaying" adventure. I'd have no objection to it.

But I think a specific thread similiar to the Training Room is unneeded.

The GM should just get his adventure approved via guidelines and get some players.
Frankly, I sort of agree, but I also think the Training Room is wholly unnecessary for the exact same reason--it is just cooperative beat-em-up and a GM who wants to have a specific training-room-gone-wrong adventure can just propose one.

hero4hire

Explorer
I think the intent of the Danger Room was to give some (much needed?) practice to those unfamiliar with the mechanics of the game. It also can red flag builds that are abusive or problematic and slipped under the RADAR during character approval.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Frankly, I sort of agree, but I also think the Training Room is wholly unnecessary for the exact same reason--it is just cooperative beat-em-up and a GM who wants to have a specific training-room-gone-wrong adventure can just propose one.
The idea is that the training room isn't for the Training Room gone wrong scenerios, but for practice, work out kinks, test the mechanics (which are unfamiliar to many), and such.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
The idea is that the training room isn't for the Training Room gone wrong scenerios, but for practice, work out kinks, test the mechanics (which are unfamiliar to many), and such.
I'm a bit bemused as to why we'd need it here any more than LEW or LEB. Maybe I'm a bit unusual, but I can tell you that I created Circe after having just picked up the book for the first time, and I'm having no problems at all with the M&M system. Still, it wouldn't really need a Judge, though--just a 'cooperative fiction' thread to work out kinks and practise like hero4hire suggested for the RP.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
I'm a bit bemused as to why we'd need it here any more than LEW or LEB. Maybe I'm a bit unusual, but I can tell you that I created Circe after having just picked up the book for the first time, and I'm having no problems at all with the M&M system. Still, it wouldn't really need a Judge, though--just a 'cooperative fiction' thread to work out kinks and practise like hero4hire suggested for the RP.
The judge is there to provide rules help.

You're much more a rules savant that others. Some people don't understand how combat works, and it is very different than normal D20. The Damage issue is the biggest problem. I don't see it as a big deal.

Admitedly, I can live without it, but it was requested by other players.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
The judge is there to provide rules help.

You're much more a rules savant that others. Some people don't understand how combat works, and it is very different than normal D20. The Damage issue is the biggest problem. I don't see it as a big deal.

Admitedly, I can live without it, but it was requested by other players.
[OBSCURE DRAGON COMPENDIUM JOKE] If I was really a savant, I could share my bonus with the rest of my party :lol: [/OBSCURE DRAGON COMPENDIUM JOKE]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases