SoulForged - Thayan Warforged

smootrk

First Post
Presented for your Forgotten Realms campaigns - The SoulForged. Please feel free to comment on my adaptation for the FR or for my choice of mechanics that differentiate them from standard Warforged. Please, don't bother to post if all you have is Eberron/Warforged bashing to share, but otherwise, I would like to hear what others think of the race and it's Thayan background.

Attachments

• Race_Soulforged.zip
    261.8 KB · Views: 381
Last edited:

smootrk

First Post
Wow. All weekend long and not one comment. Not even one insult for corrupting Toril with those crazy robots. I suppose my opening comments kept those folks away. ;)

Seriously, I suppose that with no one striking down anything, that the race is fairly balanced as is (for a +1 race).

Aries_Omega

Explorer
I actually have read over it a few times and I like it. I am a fan of the warforged race and would play one if playing an Eberron game. I would like to see them in other games but had problems figuring out how to use them in say in the Realms or Dragonlance. This is a pretty good version IMHO.

justinsluder

First Post
I like it. I've been trying to come up with a way for warforged to come into play in another part of my FR game. They currently originate only from Lantan due to the influence of Gond. Warforged are known as Gondsmen and they are built only for the displaced souls of worshippers of Gond who are given the choice after death to either join the ranks of petitioners in the House of Knowledge, become one with the plane or for a select few, become a Gondsmen. When the soul is reborn in the body of a Gondsman it retains no knowledge of their former life. I'm working on a class and/or prestige class where Gondsmen learn about their former lives.

I'll post the class/prestige class here in the House Rules when I've finished it/them.

Once again, nicely done.

smootrk

First Post
justinsluder said:
I like it. I've been trying to come up with a way for warforged to come into play in another part of my FR game. They currently originate only from Lantan due to the influence of Gond. Warforged are known as Gondsmen and they are built only for the displaced souls of worshippers of Gond who are given the choice after death to either join the ranks of petitioners in the House of Knowledge, become one with the plane or for a select few, become a Gondsmen. When the soul is reborn in the body of a Gondsman it retains no knowledge of their former life. I'm working on a class and/or prestige class where Gondsmen learn about their former lives.

I'll post the class/prestige class here in the House Rules when I've finished it/them.

Once again, nicely done.
Thanks for the praise. Please post your ideas. I would love to see what others came up with.

Your ideas for Gondsmen also mirrors my own thoughts for them, although I was going to approach the Gond models separately from a Lantan style, which I envisioned as the Scout model of Warforge, modeled after the gnomes that build them.

ps. I also have these programed into DM Genie, along with ScaleForged from another thread.

Last edited:

Agamemnon

First Post
And from the flames
As chance would have it
The Soulforged will come into light
And from the flames
As chance would have it
The Soulforged, the stainless will rise

-- Blind Guardian - The Soulforged --

Fits rather serendipitously, does it not?

smootrk

First Post
Agamemnon said:
And from the flames
As chance would have it
The Soulforged will come into light
And from the flames
As chance would have it
The Soulforged, the stainless will rise

-- Blind Guardian - The Soulforged --

Fits rather serendipitously, does it not?
I like this - consider it added to the Kossuth doctrine. :)

smootrk

First Post
It has been a while. Anyone have thoughts on other Faerunian versions of Warforged? What would a Halruuan version be like? Any thoughts on Divine Gondsmen? What about Metal Mage monstrosities?

NilesB

First Post
smootrk said:
Pand additionally grants them a +1 Racial bonus to saves vs. fire based spells.
What is it about fire spells that makes them less dangerous to Soulforged than otherwise identical Spell-like (or Supernatural) abilities?

Assuming that they have the same healing and repair rules as conventional Warforged, Soulforged look like Only mildly underpowered Rogues, rangers or Druids (but then most LA +1 Races are under powered compared to the level you're giving up) horribly underpowered as anything else. I don't get the impression that you were attempting to channel them in that direction though.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases