Ultimate Power (withdrawn)

Salix

First Post
I don't have it(although eventually...). Since its an auxillary book it seems like you'll have to make proposals out of material you like and have them voted on for approval. That way everyone has access to the material. Others may disagree.

hero4hire

Explorer
Salix said:
I don't have it(although eventually...). Since its an auxillary book it seems like you'll have to make proposals out of material you like and have them voted on for approval. That way everyone has access to the material. Others may disagree.

Well posting whole sections of text probably is illegal. So that may be a problem.

Bront

The man with the probe
I don't have it either, though I intend on picking it up (PDF and book version) along with the Masterminds Manual.

Salix

First Post
hero4hire said:
Well posting whole sections of text probably is illegal. So that may be a problem.
The example I was thinking of is the probability control proposal. As far as I can tell that was paraphrased right out of the book. I'll probably wait a month or two before buying it (recently bought the harback version of the main manual and the masterminds manual). You definitely couldn't copy and paste verbatim, although I've done it before with my PDF when we were discussing rules in game.

hero4hire

Explorer
Yeah unfortunately that was indirectly my doing. I sent a copy in text of probability control to the person who posted that. (what can I say he was playing a Luck character) then it got posted.

I am all for sharing info offline with my gaming buddies. But posting it on a public forum is asking for trouble.

Salix

First Post
hero4hire said:
Yeah unfortunately that was indirectly my doing. I sent a copy in text of probability control to the person who posted that. (what can I say he was playing a Luck character) then it got posted.

I am all for sharing info offline with my gaming buddies. But posting it on a public forum is asking for trouble.

I guess its a matter of scale. As long as you don't post the whole book and just ideas you like it shouldn't be a huge issue. Its not like we are putting the entire book on with indexed links. I worried about how much of the Dr. Null module I could play out and the creator of that didn't seem to have an issue. Of course we could always email Green Ronin and see what they think.

Rystil Arden

First Post
hero4hire said:
Hey if permission was granted I would be posting all sorts of stuff I thought should be instituted.
I think permission was only granted to post a PbP of a published adventure online, which is actually a no-brainer.

Bront

The man with the probe
The power was listed in several different places though, so I don't feel too bad about that one (it's in a $2 PDF of character templates for example). But in the future, we shouldn't have them posted publicly, and that one may be taken down later if it's in the Ultimate Power book.

Remove ads