A Sailor Talks Too Much (El Jefe Judging)(completed)





+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 210
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    BigB's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    corning ny
    Posts
    1,776

    Ignore BigB

    A Sailor Talks Too Much (El Jefe Judging)(completed)

    I prefer you roll for yourself using Invisible Castle. If for some reason you are unable to do so I can roll for you and I will use Invisible Castle and your character name.

    Please post a link to your character in your first post here. This will help me. If you prefer you may use a link in your signature, either way is fine.

    Please give me as many details as possible to what you want to do, and do not be afraid to remind me of special circumstances if I should miss something.


    You leave the RDI under cover of dark following your new employer as he hurries through the city trying not to attract attention. It is painfully obvious that stealth is not a strongpoint of his. Probably why he has hired you. He repeatedly mutters quickly, we must reach him first. As you hurry along the odor of dead fish becomes stronger by the minute and the buildings are in various stages of decay. You wonder how some of them are still standing.


    ooc: when everyone posts I will continue.
    Last edited by BigB; Thursday, 7th December, 2006 at 12:55 AM.
    BigB

 

  • #2

    Verrick Dram, Elan Ranger 1

    Verrick is accounted for.

    As the adventure begins the only equipment he has on him is his armor, his staff, his backpack, and 15gp, 5sp.

  • #3
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,283

    Ignore SelcSilverhand
    Lookspring trots along behind his new employer, fingering the head of his handaxe as he anticipates some excitement at last.

  • #4
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Phoenix8008's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Frostproof, FL
    Posts
    5,312

    Ignore Phoenix8008
    Phoenix follows along behind Lookpsring as they head out of the Red Dragon Inn.

  • #5
    Ray

    Ray is following along, having changed the halfling appears dressed for the mission at hand. He is wearing a charcoal gray cloak with black irregular patterns over his black studded leather armor. Amazingly, even at this pace he makes almost no noise while moving along. He carries a small light crossbow strapped over his shoulder, a cutlass at his belt
    and a brace of daggers across his chest. He has a well worn backpack. He wears a bright yellow scarf around his neck that can be pulled hastily over his face if need be.

    His demeanor has changed a little he seems all business...

  • #6
    Pinkie

    Pinkie runs along as well attired almost identical to her partner - except she sports a pink scarf of course....

  • #7
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    BigB's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    corning ny
    Posts
    1,776

    Ignore BigB
    ooc: I believe we have evryone except a judge. Wednesday (tomorrow) evening I will be posting the start to the action.
    BigB

  • #8
    You now have a judge.
    Living EN World
    Currently playing
    Oirhandir in Once Upon a Rheim,
    Boog Sammas in Blood of The Werewolf
    and DMing The Stuff of Dreams

    Living Superheroes
    Playing Avatar in The Antiques Roadshow

    Living Eberron
    Playing Shoot in Head of the class

    The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

  • #9
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    BigB's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    corning ny
    Posts
    1,776

    Ignore BigB
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe
    You now have a judge.

    Thank You.
    BigB

  • #10
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    BigB's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    corning ny
    Posts
    1,776

    Ignore BigB
    As you follow your new unnamed employer through the city you begin to notice an odor of rotting fish and filth. The odor soon becomes strong and offensive. You know you have entered the docks district. The docks north of the river and their surrounding environs are decidedly more shabby, decrepit and delapidated than the rest of Orussus. Buildings seem to consist mostly of taverns, inns, chandlers' stores, shipwrights' shops and warehouses... Everything catering to the sailor and merchant. Occasionally, men and women of all manner of description in worn clothing of all manner of description stand aside to watch from alleys and doorways as you pass. You can almost feel their mildly suspicious glances as you walk through the streets. The longer you walk the more frequently you encounter beggars until they are a common sight on every block.

    As you enter a dark alley (no lighting, it has some time ago become dark) your employer stops and turns to speak with all of you as you gather around him. He points out the alley and across the street to a shabby building which you wonder how it is still standing. You see light showing through holes in the walls of the building and hear loud sounds you would expect from a full tavern after dark.

    This is the Snooty Pig. Uggla is in there drinking himself into oblivion. He is the only one wearing a yellow sash, although I do not know for how long he will be the only one. Remember stealth is important. Three blocks to the north is my warehouse it is the third bulding on the left of the third block. I will have someone watching for you to ensure you do not miss it. Bring Uggla to me there.


    Ooc: Give me details as to what everyone plans to do including any stealth techniques or spells etc
    BigB

  • #11

    Verrick speaks a lot for a character with a -1 CHA modifier

    Speaking carefully so as not to draw the attention of anyone outside of the immediate group, Verrick offers the following:

    Fellow employees, I must admit that I have little experience rescuing people from within a city. My skills have to this point been tried in the wilderness.

    However as much I would prefer the strength and protection of numbers, I fear that if we act as a recognizable group we will draw too much attention to ourselves. I suggest that we have a couple of roles to play.

    We must convince Uggla to come with us without making a scene. It would be helpful to delay the arrival of his shipmates. It may also be helpful to make sure the path to our meeting place is clear, and make sure that we are not followed.

    The skills that I offer lie within the realm of observation and stealth, I am not sure where I may best fit in. However may I suggest that if anything, we relieve Uggla of his sash. It seems that my cloak would best serve to hide his identity.


    OOC: Verrick has little interaction skills. His best efforts will likely be some sort of scouting or sentry role. He will probably be making much use of Spot, Hide, and Move Silently. When used opposite Humans Verrick Spot and Listen modifiers are +8

  • #12
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Phoenix8008's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Frostproof, FL
    Posts
    5,312

    Ignore Phoenix8008
    "Like I said, I'm here for muscle. 'Just in case' as our employer is fond of saying. When it comes to talking with folks, well, it don't usually go well for me. But maybe I can use my natural talents to erm... slow down his sailor companions some with a distraction if we need." Phoenix offers in a quiet voice to her companions. "Too bad I couldn't likely use my good blade in such an encounter since I'd wanna keep it non-lethal. Oh well."
    Last edited by Phoenix8008; Thursday, 21st September, 2006 at 12:23 AM. Reason: removing siggy

  • #13
    Well, I offer this either I can go in and try and make a scene with a fake robbery attempt. While I am quite good at snatching things from one should I choose to be, I think I could also botch it just enough to make it look convincing. Then run out making him chase me...

    I could even steal his sash from his waist waive it in front of him and run out?

    Hell, I bet Pinkie might even be able to just talk him outside, she's pretty good at that if I do say so myself.

    Then again we could make a distraction for you guys to snatch him by force...we can do this...


    Pinkie shall we dance? 1...2...3...go!

    The two of them do a little bit of a tumble routine Ray's Tumble = 21 Pinike's Tumble = 25

    A little winded Ray continues...

    I personally think the fake robbery has merit, he chases me out you grab him we hustle him off to the warehouse. I can take the sash too but that might even draw a bit of unwanted attention to the whole thing.

    However, if he doesn't follow we will have to switch to an alternate which I'd of course have to sit out. Probably Pinkie as well since we have these swell matching cloaks.

    We can send Pinkie in with a story (bluff and diplomacy) to try and get him to the warehouse. That might work too.

    Then there is the good ole fashioned distraction, we could try and do a tumbling routine for the bar to get everyone's attention then you guys can hustle him out a little forcefully.

    Oh, oh...there is the ole fashioned bar fight, a favorite of mine Pinkie do you remember that one job down to the port - I think it was at the the Fornicating Zombie?

  • #14
    Oh, yeeeeeaaaaaaa, that was a good one - the antique lamp

    See there was this guy who hired us to catch his wife with one of the local merchant's sons, little dicey at first but in the end we found out that they went to the Zombie (for its erotic flavor of course) we got this great antique lamp out of the deal, quite nice actually, you see we were....... <starts to realize no one seems interested>

    Well anyway, with our small stature we were ignored and were able to snatch the lamp without anyone noticing. It was some relic that belonged to one of the local churches -nice reward.

    We bump into a few rowdies get them to think its other "big people" and bingo instant bar fight. You guys hustle for the door and sort of just jostle him along in a sort of mob.

    Complete plausible deniability...

    So what's it gonna be gents...I could use a drink anyway I can go in and see what's going on?

    Want Ray and I to go check it out?

  • #15
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,283

    Ignore SelcSilverhand
    Lookspring paces back and forth, lashing his tail about as he weighs the options. "The bar fight scenario is the best solution. It gives us cover if we have to handle any of this sailor-man's former friends. Also, if we have to knock him out and drag him away it might go unnoticed in the fray.

    A robbery attempt might draw others to aid him that we would have to dispatch. That just means more work hiding the bodies later.

    There is also the option of giving him many drinks until his body gives out. Once asleep Verrick can drag him away in the guise of a helpful friend. It may take too long however, I have ridden on a ship and witnessed how much they can drink in a single sitting."


    OOC: Lookspring has good stealth skills as well, but little in the way of social abilities.

  • #16

    Verrick recognizes an acceptable plan.

    Inciting a bar fight sounds like a good plan. Ideally one of us, probably Ray or Pinkie, would be able to simply ask him to come out and join us. But if that proves useless, alternate means would be necessary -- perhaps preceded by a strong drink.

    I agree that visually I am best suited to play the part of a concerned friend; that is unless Pheonix is willing to play a similar but different role. We may wish to determine whether the tavern has another exit.


    Verrick pauses a moment, then continues.

    I am concerned that his shipmates may soon join us. Either our business with the bar fight must conclude quickly, or we must figure out some means to delay their arrival.

    Verrick now addresses his employer:

    Assuming we bring Uggla to the warehouse without drawing too much attention, will he be safe there? Which ship do they sail on? Do you know which direction his shipmates will likely come from?

    OOC: Now would be a good time for Verrick to role a sense motive. Up to this point Verrick has trusted that Joe would not be dealing with a man who has dishonest intentions; but while Verrick has no problem saving a man and facilitating a business meeting, he would not want to be involved in kipnapping or worse. Opposing a human, Verrick has a sense motive modifier of +4.

  • #17
    Well, what was the name of his ship again, I can put my hair up and wrap myself in a cloak, and look innnocent enough. Perhaps I can simply bring him a message?

    If it works we are all set if not I can run out quick as a quail.....

    We could then try the bar fight thing if neccessary.

    If I know the ship's Captains name I might even be able to make a realistic enough looking written message - we might luck out and he not know what the Captain's real stationary looks like?

    Or we can try something like this...


    She takes out a piece of parchment and begins to make some designs at the top (a compass pointing North and a sea serpent Craft Artist = 15 )

    (OOC: Her goal is to just make something that looks like it come from another sailor, purposely ambiguous and vague she makes the document seem like it could be from anyone, or someone who wants to get your attention but remain unknown.)

    With that in Mind she scrawls... (Forgery = 23 )


    UGGLA,

    - Meet me near this Warehouse (discribes the location of the warhouse) in 5 minutes, this girl can take you there. Don't be followed, I need to talk to you about our little secret.

    - You know who

    If he does he might be alerted though but its worth a shot. If I can't just convince him to follow me.

    She wraps her hair up in a pesant style pony tail, reaches down for some dirt to rub on her cheaks, wraps her cloak tighty around her and fastens it with the pink scarf....

    <batting her eyes winking> I mean I am innocent looking enough - right boys?

    She hands her crossbow to Ray for safekeeping, well unless anyone objects I'm all set to try and get him out here.

    Anyone?
    Last edited by LiL'Hauptman; Thursday, 21st September, 2006 at 04:55 AM.

  • #18
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Phoenix8008's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Frostproof, FL
    Posts
    5,312

    Ignore Phoenix8008
    "The message from Pinkie sounds like a good idea that could quickly be tried and if it fails we can quickly move on to other options. That kind of ambiguos note may just bring him out without incident. If not, then we can go in and make some trouble." Phoenix says with a grin.
    Last edited by Phoenix8008; Thursday, 21st September, 2006 at 05:07 PM. Reason: speeling

  • #19
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    BigB's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    corning ny
    Posts
    1,776

    Ignore BigB
    ooc: let me know the positioning of everyone. like: who is going in, where will they be, where will everyone be that is remaining outside.


    The snooty pig as you can see has a front entrance and a small alley to either side, wide enough for 2 medium size characters or NPCs to walk side by side. There is light traffic in the street.
    BigB

  • #20

    Verrick speaks again.

    OOC: Has our employer already left? How long is a block?

    That is an excellently crafted note. I believe we should let Pinkie try to get Uggla out. While she makes the attempt, I would like to check out the alley surrounding the Snooty Pig. I propose to enter the north alley, see what it contains. I will see if it is possible to pass behind the Pig to the south alley. I will see if the Pig has any other entrances. I will then wait in the north alley. If Pinkie successfully retrieves Uggla, I will watch to see if they are being followed, then follow from a distance. If Pinkie is unsuccessful, I will be the alley ready for our next strategy, which at this moment seems to be an incited bar fight.

    OOC: Before the group exits the alley, and certainly before Verrick exits the alley, Verrick will check if there appears to be anyone taking an undue intrest in the Snooty Pig, or members of the group. Anyone that appears to be hiding will also give Verrick pause.

    OOC: I expect that other members will fully flesh out the plan. At this point Verrick expects to leave the alley first, and carry out the actions described in the dialogue above.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Rich beyond dreams (El Jefe Judging)
      By BigB in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 692
      Last Post: Wednesday, 2nd January, 2008, 01:31 PM
    2. Stolen Goods (El Jefe judging)
      By wmasters in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 190
      Last Post: Thursday, 22nd March, 2007, 01:13 PM
    3. D1: Ashin's Commission (El Jefe judging)
      By doghead in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 1254
      Last Post: Thursday, 22nd March, 2007, 01:12 PM
    4. HO2 - House Cleaning (El Jefe Judging)
      By HugeOgre in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 202
      Last Post: Thursday, 24th August, 2006, 04:02 AM
    5. Ransom for Retirement (El Jefe Judging)
      By SlagMortar in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 195
      Last Post: Wednesday, 14th June, 2006, 01:45 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •