What is Glassteel?

Aeric

Explorer
It's a spell that gives glass objects the hardness of steel. I remember seeing it in 2nd Edition...not sure it made the cut to 3.X, though.

Chimera

First Post
It used to be an 8th level Wizard spell.

"The glassteel spell turns crystal or glass into a transparent substance which has the tensile strength and unbreakability of actual steel." - 1e PHB description

IMC, several races make it, magically or technologically. It's primary appearance is in the form of unbreakable potion bottles, but it can occasionally be found in other forms.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Yeah, it was an old AD&D spell that didn't make the cut into the core books in 3.x. I dunno if WOTC put a version of it in their later books, but Green Ronin had a version in their Freeport city book...

Chimera said:
IMC, several races make it, magically or technologically. It's primary appearance is in the form of unbreakable potion bottles, but it can occasionally be found in other forms.
Winged elves made extensive use of it as well. Primarily for their weapons.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Ao the Overkitty said:
Glassteel shows up in Races of Faerun for 3.25e.

Do tell? I loved that spell. We'd commonly get swords made out of glass or crystal, then get them glassteeled and enchanted further. Bye bye magnetic traps, rust monsters, a lot of acids, or any of the many, many things that affected only metal.

johnnype

First Post
Laman Stahros said:
It is a special material now, updated to 3.5 in Champions of Valor.
Found it! Thank you.
Page 65. It's definitely a nice material to make armor out of and dual weapon weilding fighters should consider it for their off hand weapons (they weigh half as much).

Very nice aesthetic value as well.

R.A. Salvatore has one of his new characters (a dual morningstar weilding dwarf) use it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases