Help me name a Nature Archivist (as in the class)

smootrk

First Post
Help me come up with an appropriate name for a class which is a re-design of the Archivist class from the Heroes of Horror book. This class is more Druid/Nature based than the standard archivist (which is Occult/Planar/Undead focused). Currently it is tentatively called the Biologist, which I do not particularily like, and it just does not sound appropriate for a fantasy setting.

the class can be viewed here: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?p=3083479#post3083479 and the renamed class is attached as a word document in that thread.

Give me your insights. Foreign languages, recombinations of latin or other root-words, whatever sounds good. Help Needed!!

Last edited:

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
How about Bob?

Yes I know we are naming the character class. (You play a Rogue, I play a Bob) :p

I think the word you are looking for is Naturalist (an academic who studies nature)

A Botanist is an academic who grows plants

smootrk

First Post
taliesin15 said:
Why not just call it a Druid with slightly different features?
I'd rather not call a new class, based upon the Archivist class, the 'other kind of druid'.
MavrickWeirdo said:
How about Bob?
Yes I know we are naming the character class. (You play a Rogue, I play a Bob)
I think the word you are looking for is Naturalist (an academic who studies nature)
A Botanist is an academic who grows plants
Well, Bob is out. ;)
Naturalists is too nudist. Too many snickers around the table, just like the corrupting affects of Taint. :D
Botanist just does not apply to vast majority of critters that adventurers face.

Nyaricus

First Post
Ecologist, one who specializes in ecology.

Ecology: the branch of biology dealing with the relations and interactions between organisms and their environment, including other organisms.

I think that sounds pretty spot-on, don't you?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Biosophist. One who is knowledgeable about life, one who is wise about living things.

I like that, but I was thinking...what if the class had 2 main branches- Florasophs who study natural and magical plants and Faunasophs who do the same for natural and magical creatures?

While they would have some knowledge of each other's fields, they would definitely be more powerful and knowlegable in their respective fields. A Faunasoph might recognize and even be able to treat a floral toxin, for instance, but a Florasoph would know specifically what plant in the region produces it, and how it would have to be delivered. A Florasoph might recognize the scat of a predator...but a Faunasoph would recognize it as a Red-Bellied Dire Badger.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases