Good Musical Keyboard?

paulsometimes

First Post
This is a question for any of the musicians on here. What's a good keyboard for around $500? I'm wanting to get one for a friend for their birthday, but I don't want to accidentally get them something that basically is junk. Thanks.

Joël of the FoS

First Post
I play electric guit and I know next to nothing of keyboards.

However, from what little I know, 500$ should get you something good. I suggest you go in a big music store where pros buy, and ask them.

Also, I suppose there are different types of keyboards according to what you want to play - know his music style before going to the store.

Joël

Aeolius

Adventurer
for around $495, how about one of THESE :
top_L.jpg

I'm not being mean, I am trying to help but... $500 will get you a great toy keyboard from Wal-Mart. Anything that is a real instrument is going to set you back some real change.
If you are near a pro-style shop ask for help, if they have a keyboard already, the smart choice maybe to purchase an expansion module or a rack mounted tone generator for them. Otherwise, Aeolius is on the right track. Music software (the good stuff mind you) would be a great gift.

Hope this helps. If you need further specific help - email me, a real answer might take some time to get a good answer for you.

Aeolius

Adventurer
Another relatively new keyboard add-on is a wireless MIDI (WIDI) interface, allowing one to do away with the mass of thick cables associated with MIDI set-ups. It would also come in handy with the aforementioned Roland keytar I linked to above.

Remove ads