Saber from the anime Fate/Stay Night

Barnwellknight

First Post
I need help coming up with the stats for Saber from the anime Fate/Stay Night. Can anyone help me out here?

I know she has a lawful good alignment, and judging from her attitudes and personality, I think she is a paladin/fighter. However, I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated. Here's Wikipedia's article on her: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saber_%.../stay_night)

Here's my best try at it:

Saber:

Female Human Fighter 8 / Paladin 8
Lawful Good
Total Hit Points: 132

Strength 17 (+3)
Dexterity 16 (+3)
Constitution 15 (+2)
Intelligence 17 (+3)
Wisdom 16 (+3)
Charisma 20 (+5)

Armor Class: 17
Touch AC: 11
Flat-footed: 16

Initiative modifier: + 7

Fortitude save: + 21
Reflex save: + 12
Will save: + 14
Attack (melee): + 19/ + 14/ + 9/ + 4

Skills and Feats:

Feats:
Acrobatic
Athletic
Great Fortitude
Improved Critical x1 Weapon(s): Greatsword
Improved Initiative
Iron Will
Power Attack
Cleave
Great Cleave
Weapon Focus x1 Weapon(s): Greatsword
Weapon Specialization x1 Weapon(s): Greatsword
Greater Weapon Focus x1 Weapon(s): Greatsword

Skills:
Balance* 5.5
Climb* 13
Concentration 5
Diplomacy 13
Escape Artist* 5.5
Handle Animal 14
Heal 10
Intimidate 10
Jump* 7
Knowledge (arcana) 9
Knowledge (history) 9
Knowledge (nobility) 12
Knowledge (religion) 9
Ride 12
Spellcraft 11

* = check penalty for wearing armor

Possessions: Excalibur (+5 Holy Adamantine Greatsword), and Mithral Banded Mail +4
Special Abilities:
Aura of Good

Detect Evil

Smite Evil (2x/day; add +5 to melee attack roll, paladin levels to damage)

Divine Grace (level 2)

Lay on Hands (level 2)

Divine Health (level 3)

Turn Undead (level 4) (8x/day)

Special Mount (level 5)

Remove Disease (level 6)

Code of Conduct / Association

High wisdom gains bonus spells daily
Noble Phantasms (These abilities used mana; I'm not sure how that would work in D&D):
Barrier of the Wind King: Can be used as many times as one wants
Sword of Promised Victory: Can only be used if one has enough mana
All is a Distant Utopia: Can only be used when one possesses the Sheath of Excalibur and has enough mana
Special Qualities: Spiritual Link with Master--This link connects the spirits of the Servant and Master. Even if the Master is slain, the Servant can continue to exist, but must find a new Master within 4d2 days, or the Servant will return from where they came from; if the Servant is slain, the Servant returns to whince he/she came from. This link also enables the Servant to detect if their Master is in danger.
Spiritual Awareness: Servants are sensitive to magic. They can detect approaching friends...or foes...
Dependent on Mana: Servants are dependent on Mana. If they run out of Mana, they will die and return to where they came from.
Obidence: Servants are forced to obey the wishes of their Masters when a Master uses a Command Seal. If all three Command Seals are used, it is very likely the Servant will turn upon her Master, especially a harsh one.
Spiritual Invisibility: Servants are capable of rendering themselves invisible to avoid notice by the modern world. However, Saber cannot do this as her Master lacks the necessary Mana for her to perform this.
Change Armor: Saber can shift from her armor to casual clothing.
Secret Identity: All Servants have secret identities that describe both their strengths and weaknesses. Most servants keep their identities hidden to prevent their enemies from using their weaknesses against them.

I didn't see her use many spells, so I left those out.

Tell me if I miss anything, as well as what you think.

By the way, can anyone help me out with a Fate/Stay Night d20 conversion? I can't figure out how to work with the mana problem. Any suggestions?

moritheil

First Post
Saber as she appears in FSN is not actually a human; rather she is more like a native outsider with the memories of a human (none of the Servants are really human any more.) Many of those special abilities would best be run as unique spell-like abilities.

With regard to the scale, 16th level is a bit low. Consider making her epic. See the Tulani eladrin for comparison.

Barnwellknight

First Post
Hmmm...But what epic level should she be? I don't want to make her too high. I'll probably make her around 24 or 25. That's epic enough, although in my opinion, any character that has a level above 20 is an epic character. I'll post a new version sometime this week.

Last edited:

kevin_video

Explorer
This was done on Brilliant Gameologists, along with a number of other anime characters.

LG Silverbrow human saint Paladin 2/Psychic warrior 17
Feats: Blind-Fight, Focused Sunder, Improved Sunder, Mental Leap, Power Attack, Practiced Manifester (psychic warrior), Psionic Weapon
Powers: burst, revitalise legacy
Equipment: Excalibur, +3 mithral called death ward breastplate, +2 eager blurstrike dragonshard weapon crystal, mantle of spell resistance

Legacy Item: Excalibur, The Sword of Promised Victory ([ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCL_EqNKpVA"]video[/ame])
+5 holy surge dissipater holy dwarvencraft longsword (w/ greater weapon augment crystal of illumination)

Non-legacy statistics: +1 dwarvencraft longsword (w/ greater weapon augment crystal of illumination)

Least
Attack/damage boost: +1 Attack/damage per 3 levels vs. opposed alignments
Psionic Focus: Always treated as psionically focused for one feat (2)
Ride: Spur mount without dealing damage
Speed Enhancement +10ft (2)

Lesser
Cunning: Never flat-footed
Continual wind: Gust of wind at will
Weapon Enhancement (2)
Obscurity: Obscure object on item
Uncanny Dodge

Greater
Ability Enhancement +6: Charisma
Empower Power
Freedom of Movement
Weapon Enhancement (2)

Epic
SLA: Transcend Mortality

Invisible Air, Barrier of the Wind King
Gust of wind, Attach/remove dragonshard weapon crystal from Excalibur

Avalon, The Everdistant Utopia ([ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeTSjWvkIAo"]Video[/ame])
Transcend mortality SLA

Caliburn, The Golden Sword of Destined Victory ([ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52DOLD-mbsk"]Video[/ame])
Holy devastator

Instinct, Rank A: Blind-Fight
Prana Burst, Rank A: Focused Sunder, Mental Leap, Psionic Weapon

Remove ads