Help finding a thread (That Piratecat have great advice in)

Fenris

Adventurer
Not long ago there was a thread in general regarding advice on running games in a store environment. Pkitty had some excellent advice in it garnered from running Con games that I would desperately like to see again and save as It would allwo me to better manage my own rag tag bunch.

To think on it the topic may have been regarding a variable member group, where some differnt composition was attending each session and how to keep some consitency.

So if some one remembers such a thread and could point me in the direction I would be most appreciative. I have already combed through the 20 pages of the general boards and I failed my search check.

Thanks.

Fenris

Fenris

Adventurer
Piratecat said:
That's the thread!

Nope. Good advice certainly. But not the one I was looking for. Maybe I got my Mods confused. Thanks to bothfor looking.

This thread dealt with a variable pool of players and how to keep a group going. Advise such as starting the group on a dynamic course, assuming that they had already done some of the leg work to get them to the meat quickly, advance each character one level each session, have a loose meta-plot it all works towards - but not one that depends each week upon it building among others. Those are what I can recall, but it was far better done. Any other thoughts? :\

Fenris

Adventurer
Piratecat said:
If it's not that, I'm flummoxed.

Nope. Do I get points for stumping you? ;)

Like I said, perhaps I got my Mods mixed up, maybe it was Henry, but I was sure it was you. The advice was great on getting short episodic gmaes going when you didn't know you you would have the same crew week to week.

Oh well. Maybe some one will have a better memory than me. Or maybe I imagined the whole thread :uhoh:

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Piratecat said:
The frustrating thing is that I remember this conversation, but I'm darned if I can find it.

This is what his description brought to mind... have you posted something here about how it's been working out?

Maybe this thread?

-Hyp.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases