New Halfling Favoured Class?

What Should the Halflings Favoured Class be?

• Archivist (HoH)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ardent (ComPsi)

• Artificer (ECS)

• Barbarian (PHB)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Bard (PHB)

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Bardic Sage (UA)

• Battle Sorcerer (UA)

• Beguiler (PHBII)

• Binder (ToM)

• Cleric (PHB)

• Cloistered Cleric (UA)

• Crusader (ToB)

• Divine Bard (UA)

• Divine Mind (ComPsi)

• Domain Wizard (UA)

• Dragon Shaman (PHBII)

• Dread Necromancer (HoH)

• Druid (PHB)

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Druidic Avenger (UA)

• Duskblade (PHBII)

• Erudite (ComPsi)

• Favored Soul (ComDiv)

• Fighter (PHB)

• Healer (MHB)

• Hexblade (ComWar)

• Incarnate (MoI)

• Knight (PHBII)

• Lurk (ComPsi)

• Marshal (MHB)

• Monk (PHB)

• Mystic (DLCS)

• Ninja (ComAdven)

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Noble (DLCS)

• Paladin (PHB)

• Paladin of Freedom (UA)

• Paladin of Slaughter (UA)

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Paladin of Tyranny (UA)

• Psion (XPH)

• Psychic Warrior (XPH)

• Ranger (PHB)

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Rogue (PHB)

Votes: 83 61.0%
  • Samurai (ComWar)

• Savage Bard (UA)

• Scout (ComAdven)

Votes: 16 11.8%
  • Shaman (OA)

• Shadowcaster (ToM)

• Shugenja (ComDiv)

• Sohei (OA)

• Sorcerer (PHB)

• Soulborn (MoI)

• Soulknife (XPH)

• Swordsage (ToB)

• Spellthief (ComAdven)

• Spirit Shaman (ComDiv)

• Swashbuckler (ComWar)

• Thug (UA)

• Totem Barbarian (UA)

• Totemist (MoI)

• Truenamer (ToM)

• Urban Ranger (UA)

• Warblade (ToB)

• Warlock (ComArc)

• Warmage (ComArc)

• Wilder (XPH)

• Wilderness Rogue (UA)

• Wizard (PHB)

• Wu Jen (ComArc)

Nyaricus

First Post
Well, you guys and gals know the drill, but here it is anyways:

So, you are in charge of WotC - what should the Haflings favoured class be? Still the same ol' rogue you know and love, or the savage Barbarians from Dark*Sun, the stalewart Strongheart Hafling fighters from FR, or... something completely different.

Poll will be up in a matter of minutes....

Nyaricus

First Post
that was quick..., I scanned down to vote for rogue, did so, and saw that there were already two votes there :eek:

Rogue ftw? I think so.

Now, how many votes for PoS?

Crothian

First Post
Well, if I was in charge of Wizards I would know that using a non core class would upset my customers (who don't want to have to buy a book just to use the ability) so that eliminates all of those. Rogue is the best fit of what is left.

Glyfair

Explorer
Crothian said:
Rogue is the best fit of what is left.
Well, I think the best flavor fit is commoner, or maybe expert ;) However, as that would be very unsatisfying for a PC, I have to go with rogue.

Aus_Snow

First Post
I was very tempted with Wilder - basically because I have some 'Halflings' that frequently possess these powers in one world. I usually avoid Halflings and Gnomes in just about every world though.

This time, I went for something a bit different again - Shadowcaster. Partly because it would be interesting, and partly because of the ties Halflings have to the Plane of Shadow in the Birthright setting. No better reasons than these, I'm afraid.

painandgreed

First Post
I voted Rogue just because I'm a traditionalist, but the first class I looked for was Commoner. I like my hobbits to be humble agrarians.

Nyeshet

First Post
I nearly chose bard, as that seems to match its descriptive text better than any other class, but in the end I chose Rogue. The bonus to saves matches well with the Evasion, etc that Rogues receive. I considered Scout, but it doesn't quite have the right feel to it for Halflings.

Personally, I was surprised that Bard and possibly Ranger have not yet been chosen - especially Bard.

I note that every poll someone(s) choose both Dread Necromancer and Paladin of Slaughter. I think that is more of a personality statement or playing style of the voter than a considered opinion on the race in question, however. :uhoh:

Crothian, the point of this poll - and its predecessors - is presuming that the new PHB would have whichever classes are chosen for favored classes - perhaps in addition to the current core classes, perhaps replacing a few of them if space constraints becomes an issue. These polls are working their way through the currently available classes, finding the classes that best suit the races based on the crunch and fluff of each race. At the time the PHB came out the creators had to choose the Favored Class of each race from their rather paltry and insufficient collection of classes. If a new PHB were to come out, with the Favored Classes redetermined based on current official classes from WotC products, and presuming that whichever classes were favored were certain to appear in this hypothetical PHB - perhaps in addition to the current classes - which would you choose for the race(s) in question?

At present we only have a few races left to vote for (after this one). I doubt that Humans will be up for consideration, as their 'Any' is one of their central racial features (after the feat and a bonus skill points). That leaves Half-Elves and Half-Orcs - the latter of which is certain to get a poll of its own, the former maybe not (as it also has 'Any' for its Favored Class). So we might only have a single race after this one for which to re-determine the favoed class.

As an aside, I am in favor of doing a new poll for the Dwarf, simply because it seems so far that each race has 3-4 major favored classes. Having, say, four favored classes for each would be nice and less restrictive for players, and at present it seems that the dwarf may be the only one to not have such due to its overwhelming focus on Fighter. So a new poll for Dwarf, purposely excluding Fighter, to determine its remaining 3 favored classes would be nice. :D

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

The results of these polls at present are:

Dwarven Favored Class: Fighter (by overwhelming margin), [runners-up: Cleric and Knight]

Elven Favored Classes: Ranger, Duskblade, Sorcerer, Wizard, [runners-up: Bard, Druid, Scout]

Gnome Favored Classes: Artificer, Beguiler, Wizard, Bard, [runners-up: Druid, Sorcerer, Archivist]

Halfling Favoed Classes: ??? (rogue in the lead)

Crothian

First Post
Nyeshet said:
Crothian, the point of this poll - and its predecessors - is presuming that the new PHB would have whichever classes are chosen for favored classes - perhaps in addition to the current core classes, perhaps replacing a few of them if space constraints becomes an issue.

Huh? Where in the first post

Nyaricus said:
Well, you guys and gals know the drill, but here it is anyways:

So, you are in charge of WotC - what should the Haflings favoured class be? Still the same ol' rogue you know and love, or the savage Barbarians from Dark*Sun, the stalewart Strongheart Hafling fighters from FR, or... something completely different.

Poll will be up in a matter of minutes....

is there anything presuming not only are we selecting new favored classes but also rewriting what goes in the PHB?? If that's true, then one really has to look more closely at what classes should go into the PHb and not first base it off of favored classes.

Remove ads