Sharing GM credits

Bront

The man with the probe
This came up somewhere, and while it likely won't happen, it seems like a reasonable thing to do.

I propose that we allow people to use GM credits on someone else. Said use is still restricted to the normal rules for the character they effect. As per normal, use must be approved.

Example possable uses:
My wife wished to join LEW, and adventure with one of my characters, so I could spend GM credits to help her level up so the level desparity is closer.

A party is in need of gold, so player with GM credit gets the gold from a credit.

Party member is just short of leveling, so a nother player spends a GM credit so he can, to help the party.

Generaly seem fair uses.

Velmont

First Post
I don't see a problem with that, if someone want to spend GM credits on my characters to help them to level faster, I would be happy ;)

IcyCool

First Post
I too would be happy to receive free xp or gp from someone else's GM credit. I do think it can be abused, but since the only things the abusers will wind up with are high level characters, or too much wealth for their level, I don't think it too much. The over wealthed characters will be obvious (and GM's can deal with them quite easily), and unless it is a group of people abusing this to level up their characters, any resulting high level characters from this will have no one to adventure with.

That, and DM credits don't appear to be a highly abundant resource. So it seems ok to me.

orsal

LEW Judge
This sounds eminently reasonable. Since DM credits aren't earned by the character, but by the player, if the player would rather use them on someone else's character that should be just as acceptable.

Yes

Someone

Adventurer
I'm not exactly worried, since I'm not a judge, but how are you going to track how many GM's points are spent and where? I don't think it should be controlled to avoid fraud or abuse: GM's points are earned by GMs who finish adventures, people by their very nature commited with LEW, but I still think there should be some kind of double check to be sure everything is in order.

Velmont

First Post
Someone said:
I'm not exactly worried, since I'm not a judge, but how are you going to track how many GM's points are spent and where? I don't think it should be controlled to avoid fraud or abuse: GM's points are earned by GMs who finish adventures, people by their very nature commited with LEW, but I still think there should be some kind of double check to be sure everything is in order.

Judges gives DM credit, and I think judges must approved any expence, and you must record it somwhere too.

Bront

The man with the probe
Someone said:
They are tracked in the Character Tracking thread, AND on the character sheets they are spent on.

Also, noted abuse would be hard, unless you had a conspiricy of GMs bosting someone. It takes 20 credits to level per level through Level 8. And the money becomes less significant as you approach that level.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases