Stink in Ship's Towers

Kaodi

Hero
Kathan nods, and opens the door into the short hallway leading into the main room of the Cliff Crab. He proceeds down the hallway, and slowly opens the next door. He moves towards the bar, and leans over the counter, motioning to the bartender.

In a whisper, Kathan speaks to the bartender. " We need a moment of your time, " he says, " To warn you that a certain slippery customer of yours is in imminent danger. " Taking a short breath, he continues, " That dwarf we came with is in fact a notorious bounty hunter. We but chanced upon him when we overheard he was looking for the same tavern as we. " Kathan then pauses a moment, to glance at Kenn, and continues. " After a few drinks, his tongue loosened enough to let slip he was hunting a certain fellow I am sure you are aquainted with, a man we were hoping to do some business with. Let me tell you, this bounty hunter is quite a dangerous fellow, but for a little of our slippery friends time, and consideration of our business offer, we think we can help him out of a real bind. " Kathan then pulls back a bit, waiting for a reply.

[sblock=Bluff]
The usual take 10, for a total of 16. I love that ability. It was so worth trapfinding.
[/sblock]

Knight Otu

First Post
Kenn, Kathan:[sblock]

The man stares at you with a certain amount of disinterest. "The business of my customers isn't my business. If you're smart, it isn't your's either. And if that bounty hunter is smart, he doesn't do his hunting in my tavern. I'll..."

Just then, a female shout hollers through the tavern, apparently coming from the guest rooms. "AAAAAGH! WHAT IS THAT??!" The barkeep looks at you, and rushes towards the door. "I hope for your sake that wasn't your dwarf friend's doing."[/sblock]

Khuter: [sblock]From one of the southern rooms, you hear a female shout hollering through the tavern. "AAAAAGH! WHAT IS THAT??!" [/sblock]

Drowned Hero

First Post
Khuther Qbyer - Dwarf Sorcerer *Spells left today 4 lvl 0; 4 lvl 1

Knight Otu said:
Khuter: [sblock]From one of the southern rooms, you hear a female shout hollering through the tavern. "AAAAAGH! WHAT IS THAT??!" [/sblock]

Khuter stiks his head out of the door looking in al directions What in the underdark was that? I hope is not a lady seeing a mice or something dumb like that If he dont see or hear anything unusall he will walk outside his rom and walk towards the rom the noice came from.

Listen +1 (wis)
Spot +1 (wis)

ajanders

Explorer
Knight Otu said:
Kenn, Kathan:[sblock]

The man stares at you with a certain amount of disinterest. "The business of my customers isn't my business. If you're smart, it isn't your's either. And if that bounty hunter is smart, he doesn't do his hunting in my tavern. I'll..."

Just then, a female shout hollers through the tavern, apparently coming from the guest rooms. "AAAAAGH! WHAT IS THAT??!" The barkeep looks at you, and rushes towards the door. "I hope for your sake that wasn't your dwarf friend's doing."[/sblock]

"Should I check that out?" Kenn asks Kathan. "The dwarf isn't that bad looking."

Kaodi

Hero
Kathan grabs Kenn's arm, pulling him along as he hurries to follow the barkeep. His other hand shoots to the haft of his morningstar, which he pulls from his belt.

ajanders

Explorer
"I see the answer is 'Yes'."
Kenn gently works his arm out of Kathan's grip and tucks it inside his coat, where it wraps around the hilt of an old ciquada.
"Let's not go all paladin over a doxy and a mouse yet."

Knight Otu

First Post
On his way to the door, the barkeep graps a small club, then enters the long corridor through the short corridor. There, you meet up with Khuter, at whom the barkeep throws a dark glance. "Was that your doing? Sounded like it came from the southern room." He then rushes to that door.

ajanders

Explorer
Knight Otu said:
On his way to the door, the barkeep graps a small club, then enters the long corridor through the short corridor. There, you meet up with Khuter, at whom the barkeep throws a dark glance. "Was that your doing? Sounded like it came from the southern room." He then rushes to that door.

"If it's not croaking, it's not him." Kenn confides in the bartender, looking at Khuter with feigned nervousness.
He catches Kathar's eye and nods at the latch side of the door before stepping over to the hinge side, waiting for the bartender to open it.

Rule 28 for surviving as a Cyran intelligence agent: always let the infantry storm the gates.

Knight Otu

First Post
The barkeep opens the door, revealing a small room like the others, with two notable differences - under the window (which goes towards the south) sits a woman in leather armor, seemingly because she stumbled backwards from a small crate in the middle of the room that was knocked open. Out of that crate squirms a tentacled something, two eyestalks fixed upon the woman. Curiously, it says something "P.p..pp..please c.c.calm d.d.down. I.I.m.m.mean no ha..harm." The woman obviously does not agree with that statement, as she is struggling to get a crossbow of her belt.

Kaodi

Hero
Kathan steels himself for combat, and gets ready to rush inside once the bar man opens the door. He'd bust the door down himself, but there is always a tiny, tiny chance that it is nothing to worry about. Best let the proper authority get in there first.

When the barkeep opens the door and the scene inside is revealed, Kathan attempts to sense whether the, ummm... creature, is telling the truth, and advances as quickly as he can.

[sblock=Sense Motive]
16. But I bet you knew that.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads