Stink in Ship's Towers

Kaodi

Hero
Veyk nods. " Yes, " he agrees. " Well then, I believe we shall be taking our leave, Kuros. We will return when we have captured that slippery Eel. "

Veyk rubs a few beads of sweat from his forehead. In this infernal heat, perhaps it would be wiser to pack up his cloak, but he prefers to have something to hide obscure himself should he need to change in a hurry.

He turns to leave the captain's office, waiting a moment for Khuther. He then pauses.

" I do not suppose you could point us in the correct direction, Kuros? I had forgotten for a moment that I do not really know where everything is. "

ajanders

Explorer
Ooc

Knight Otu, Bront has been poked: hopefully any issues will be resolved.
Jonath will likely bump into Kenn just outside, who will smile and say "It's allright, Master D'orien; you've found another one."

Edit:
And he can thus be led in when you see fit.

Knight Otu

First Post
"Ship's Towers is one of the districts of Cliffside. Obviously, Cliffside is at the cliff." the dwarf says with a wink. At that point, the door opens, and Jonath enters with Kenn, who obviously woke up from his nap. "Good, a third investigator. Kenn was the name? I'll leave it to your companions to bring you up to speed. Where was I? Yes, Cliffside is at the cilff, in the lower parts of Sharn, and Ship's Towers is the south-westernmost district, though it stretches for quite a length to the north. I think that answers your questions?"

Kaodi

Hero
Veyk allows himself a small smile, a slight upturn of one side of his mouth, really. " Ah, I am glad you have decided to come after all, good friend, " he says, " We could probably use your skills in the little adventure. How about we tell you all about it on the way down to Ship's Towers? No sense standing around here any longer. "

Not waiting for a response, he steps out of Kuros office, and heads outside. The sooner they get going, the sooner they can collect the Eel, and more importantly, the reward.

Drowned Hero

First Post
Kaodi said:
Veyk allows himself a small smile, a slight upturn of one side of his mouth, really. " Ah, I am glad you have decided to come after all, good friend, " he says, " We could probably use your skills in the little adventure. How about we tell you all about it on the way down to Ship's Towers? No sense standing around here any longer. "

Khuter nods at Veyk and makes a gesture to Kenn to follow them.

Kaodi

Hero
As they begin walking away from the watch post, Veyk goes over the mission for Kenn. Meanwhile, he pulls his cloak around him, hiding his features for but a moment. " I believe this would be as good a time as any to introduce you to a friend of mine, " says Veyk, " He is a little more rough and tumble than I am, and may be more appropriate for the situation. "

His pace slows for a moment, and does his best to his shape within the folds of his cloak. He then reaches up a gloved hand to pull down his hood. Neatly cropped blonde hair take taken the place of rough cut blue, and he now appears to be clean shaven. Grey eyes have changed to brown, and his jaw has a more squarish set to it. Also, he appears to have shrunk a little, though his chest and arms have become much thicker. A mocking grin is plastered all over his face.

" The name's Kathan Geirut, of Moonwatch. I'm thinking I'd much appreciate it if you wouldn't confuse me with that other fella. He's not much for shady deals and criminal scum, but I got no problems with 'em. "

ajanders

Explorer
Kenn raises an eyebrow.
"Well, Kathan, I suppose we'd better get to work. Shall we seek out the man directly, or smugglers generally?"

Drowned Hero

First Post
Kaodi said:
Brown]The name's Kathan Geirut, of Moonwatch. I'm thinking I'd much appreciate it if you wouldn't confuse me with that other fella. He's not much for shady deals and criminal scum, but I got no problems with 'em.[/COLOR] "

'Oh dear, is wierd that you can do that to yourself'
he taps with his foot 'lets get on with it' 'i guess your taking you off the chating, aren't you?' he says to the changeling.

Kaodi

Hero
Kathan glances sideways at Khuther, grinning. " I guess it would be seeming strange to so called ' normal ' folks like you, " he says, " But for us, it just be the way of the things. Anyway, from this moment on it would be real unwise of you to keep calling me one of those creatures, so I reckon' you just start thinkin' of me as human until I say otherwise. "

Kathan picks up the pace again, looking for a lift or other means for which to get down to the lower levels. He scratches the side of his head, and says to the others, " I'm thinking we should just go for this guy we want direct. We don't want every thug and runner looking out for us. If this Eel guy picks up our scent too early... well, we'd best not be letting that happen in the first place. I'd really appreciate a share of the larger amount, and I think you two are probably agreed with me on that, so best we'd hurry and catch the guy with his pants down. "

Remove ads