Stink in Ship's Towers

Drowned Hero

First Post
Khuter nods 'Maybe it can give us a a lead' Khuter walks to the bar making sure he walks trough the center of the room so he will cover with his spell all off the room.

Detect Magic
Spells per day 5 -> 4

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
The three of you enter the tavern. Five round tables stand in the open, and in the back, the bar encloses a small area. A door in the west is topped with a sign showing a bed and the words "Guest Rooms - Inquire for rental."
The tavern seems relatively well-visited - four of the tables are holding quiet conversations, and a few patrons sit at the bar. Curiously, you see no employees other than a surly man behind the bar.

[sblock=Kathan]You notice that the discussions got a bit more quiet as you entered, and you get the feeling that everyone is waiting for you to sit down, so that you can't walk around the tables. Everybody here seems to enjoy the privacy offered, and you guess that the lack of employees is quite deliberate, to further this athmosphere.[/sblock]
[sblock=Khuter]You sense that there are a number of weak auras all around the room, but they all blur together a bit, making it hard to discern what kinds of auras. It seems that about half of the patrons have some kind of item or magic effect on their person.[/sblock]
(Approximate map for visualization; D is door, O is table.)

+-D-----+
|......O|
|....O..|
D...O...|
|.....O.|
|-\.....|
D..\..O.|
|...\...|
D.......|
+-------+

ajanders

Explorer
Kenn steps up to the bar and orders absinthe with hot water.
"It's for medicinal purposes." he explains, deadpan.

(OOC...This is likely not a bar that actually serves absinthe, but Kenn thinks he might get lucky. Plus it gives him an excuse to fiddle.)

Kaodi

Hero
Considering his options, Kathan decides to inquire about renting a room, figuring that they will need a little more room to maneuver than the very public tap room. He slowly approaches the bar, eyeing the bartender, and grasps the edge of the counter.

" My friends and I are looking for a place to stay for a little bit, " he says. " How much for rooms? At least two would be preferable. " Taking a moment to glance at Khuther, Kathan grins and says quietly to the bartender, " The dwarf don't always smell too good, and sometimes he snores. "

[sblock=Bluff]
As per the usual, taking 10, for a total result of 16.
[/sblock]

Drowned Hero

First Post
Kaodi said:
" The dwarf don't always smell too good, and sometimes he snores. "

Khuter first is suprised then he sees trough the bluff of his new friend and smiles 'you dont smell as fresh flowers yerself' 'i would like the best ale you got in house' talking to the bartender

Knight Otu

First Post
The barkeep begins preparing the ale, saying "Ale's 5 coppers. Absinthe depends on whether ye want that tampered poison some people like, or a proper one. As for rooms, ye're lucky, I still got two. 1 gold per person per night." He doesn't seem to care for the explanations offered. He puts Khuter's ale on the bar.

Drowned Hero

First Post
Knight Otu said:
The barkeep begins preparing the ale, saying "Ale's 5 coppers. Absinthe depends on whether ye want that tampered poison some people like, or a proper one. As for rooms, ye're lucky, I still got two. 1 gold per person per night." He doesn't seem to care for the explanations offered. He puts Khuter's ale on the bar.

Khuter puts 2gp on the table 'give me another ale when im finished with this' 'you dont happend to know any shop in this district where i could buy some magical rings or like that?' 'i heard i could contact some individuals around the cliff...'

ajanders

Explorer
Kenn raises his eyebrows, somewhat insulted.
"The proper one, please."
A little perturbed he was offered any other option, he ostentatiously studies the bottles on the mirrored shelves behind the bar...and less ostentatiously reviews the people in the room to see if any of them look Eelish.

Kenn's secret spot check (1d20+6=9)

(OOC: I hate bars with dirty mirrored shelves.)

Kaodi

Hero
Reaching into his belt pouch, Kathan makes a little bit of a show of rummaging about before pulling out a trio of golden galifars. He puts them on the counter and says, " We'll take those two rooms for the night, I'm thinkin'. "

He looks around for a moment, then adds, " I'll be getting something to quench my thirst once we've had a chance to check out our rooms. "

Knight Otu

First Post
Khuter said:
Khuter puts 2gp on the table 'give me another ale when im finished with this' 'you dont happend to know any shop in this district where i could buy some magical rings or like that?' 'i heard i could contact some individuals around the cliff...'
The barkeep eyes the gold pieces with a frown and asks "Got bigger change, per chance? Two ales is just a silver. And I can't help ye with magical rings.

Kenn said:
Kenn raises his eyebrows, somewhat insulted.
"The proper one, please."
A little perturbed he was offered any other option, he ostentatiously studies the bottles on the mirrored shelves behind the bar...and less ostentatiously reviews the people in the room to see if any of them look Eelish.
"Funny, most who cite medical purposes want the tampered one." the man says as he shortly vanishes in one of the doors behind the bar, then brings out two glasses containing Kenn's order. "Five silver." Kenn can't see anyone who even remotely passes the description of the Eel.

Reaching into his belt pouch, Kathan makes a little bit of a show of rummaging about before pulling out a trio of golden galifars. He puts them on the counter and says, " We'll take those two rooms for the night, I'm thinkin'. "

He looks around for a moment, then adds, " I'll be getting something to quench my thirst once we've had a chance to check out our rooms. "
"What'll it be? When ya want to see the rooms, it'll be through the doors, and then to the right. Last door down the corridor on the left and the right."

Remove ads