Dungeon Crawl Classics PDF...how are they?

Ghost2020

Adventurer
So how are the DCC PDFs? Scanned or electronic PDFs?
Worth it? Seem a tad pricey for a 32 page adventure, but it is PDF, so maybe not so bad.

Mycanid

First Post
Well sir - I enjoyed them quite a bit. The art? Eh? Not my style. But I thought the adventures were good stuff. Just my opinion though. ;)

Animus

Explorer
Ghost2020 said:
So how are the DCC PDFs? Scanned or electronic PDFs?
Worth it? Seem a tad pricey for a 32 page adventure, but it is PDF, so maybe not so bad.

Worth the price, IMHO. There are a couple that are $2. If price is your issue, look at those.

Crothian

First Post
I have a few in PDF and they are not scanned in, they are easy to read and use. I actually like them as PDFs especially since many have pages and pages of handouts.

Arnwyn

First Post
From what I've heard, their PDFs are superior to most other PDFs (they're electronic, not scanned). Most importantly, they print easily and don't take up a MASSIVE amount of print buffer space (unlike other PDFs from a rather staggering number of incompetent PDF publishers).

PDF-makers, take note! Make your PDFs quick and easy to print for pete's sake!

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
I have a couple of their adventures as PDF's. Been pretty happy with both. My only complaint is that some of their maps leave a bit to be desired in terms of displaying things coherently. Not sure if this is unique to the PDF versions, but it is not so bad as to dissuade a purchase. I agree that the PDF's make it much easier for the handouts. A recommended download is DCC #2: Lost Vault of Tsathzar Rho. Good fun, and interesting encounters.

Wraith Form

Explorer
Crothian said:
I have a few in PDF and they are not scanned in, they are easy to read and use. I actually like them as PDFs especially since many have pages and pages of handouts.
Agreed....and because they're adventures, when you print them you can also scribble all over them as needed and you haven't ruined a book. i don't always like the names they'e chosen for NPCs, for example, so I can scratch out a goofy name and write in a good one.

So far, the adventures are really cool.

Remove ads