Creation Guidelines:

Core/SRD only
28 point buy
Max HD at first level, 1/2 HD at even levels, 1/2+1 HD at odd levels
Starting gold is 9,000 gp.
No single magic item over 2,250 gp

House Rule:

Do not track experience points.
PC's will level up when it is appropriate for the story.
Item creation is as written, with the exception of spending experience points.

Posting Guidelines:
Post about three times a week, excluding weekends.
DM updates every other day, barring real life interferrence.
Chose a color unique to your character for dialogue and map references.

IC Thread
Rogue's Gallery

Last edited:

Post Life Entity

First Post
Concept: escaped prisoner on the run from both the people that wrongfully imprisoned him and the actual authorities.
Wrinkle: Lawful good alignment;

Human male ...older though not elderly. Not quite sure of class yet, likely a fighter or fighter/rogue.

Mista Collins

First Post
Concept: A young female wizard who has been buried in books studying for most her life. Seeing others enjoying what the world has to offer (other than the wonderful writings of books and magical tombs), she decides to she if she has what it takes. She is curious and friendly.

Race & Class: I will probably go with a human wizard (illusionist).

[sblock=STAT BLOCK]Tanith Dathius
Female Human, 5th level Wizard (Illusionist)
Deity: Boccob
Medium Humanoid (Human)

Hit Dice: 5d4+5 (20hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 12 (+2 Dex), touch 12, flat-footed 10
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+2
Attack: +2 dagger melee (1d4) +4 light crossbow ranged (1d8)
Full Attack: +2 dagger melee (1d4) +4 light crossbow ranged (1d8)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: None
Special Qualities: Spellcasting, Summon Familiar (Tiny Viper)
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5
Abilities: Str 11, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 18 (20), Wis 10, Cha 8
Skills: Concentrate +9(8), Decipher Script +13(8), Knowledge(arcana) +13(8), Knowledge(the planes) +7(2), Spellcraft +13(8), Listen +4(4), Spot +4(4),
Feats: Scribe Scroll, Greater Spell Focus (Illusion), Eschew Materials, Extend Spell(B)
Alignment: Neutral Good
Current XP: 10,000 XP

Languages spoken: Common, Draconic, Elven, Dwarven, Orc

Equipment: Explorer's Outfit, Light Crossbow, 20 Bolts, 2 Daggers, Headband of Intelligence +2, Hand of the Mage, Cloak of Resistance +1, Heward's Handy Haversack, Spellbook, Scrollcase (Alarm, 2 Comprehend Languages, Reduce Person, Disguise Self), Belt pouch containing 7gp.

Total weight carried is 24.64/38lb.
Current Load: Light
[/sblock]

[sblock=SPELLS]
Spells per Day: 5/6/4/3
Prohibitied Schools: Enchantment & Necromancy

Spells Memorized
0th level
- Acid Splash
- Detect Magic x 2
- Ghost Sound
- Prestidigitation

1st level
- Magic Missle x2
- Color Spray x2
- Mage Armor
- Grease

2nd level
- Invisiblity
- Mirror Image
- Flaming Sphere
- Summon Monster II

3rd level
- Displacement
- Slow
- Fireball

Spells in Spellbook
0th level DC 15 (17 for Illusions)
Resistance: Subject gains +1 on saving throws.
Acid Splash: Orb deals 1d3 acid damage.
Detect Poison: Detects poison in one creature or small object.
Detect Magic: Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
Read Magic: Read scrolls and spellbooks.
Dancing Lights: Creates torches or other lights.
Flare: Dazzles one creature (-1 on attack rolls).
Light: Object shines like a torch.
Ray of Frost: Ray deals 1d3 cold damage.
Ghost Sound: Figment sounds.
Mage Hand: 5-pound telekinesis.
Mending: Makes minor repairs on an object.
Open/Close: Opens or closes small or light things.
Arcane Mark: Inscribes a personal rune (visible or invisible).
Prestidigitation: Performs minor tricks.

1st level DC 16 (18 for Illusions)
Shield: Invisible disc gives +4 to AC, blocks magic missiles.
Grease: Makes 10-ft. square or one object slippery.
Mage Armor: Gives subject +4 armor bonus.
Burning Hands: 1d4/level fire damage (max 5d4)
Magic Missile: 1d4+1 damage; +1 missile per two levels above 1st (max 5).
Color Spray: Knocks unconscious, blinds, and/or stuns weak creatures.
Disguise Self: Changes your appearance.
Ventriloquism: Throws voice for 1 min./level.

2nd level DC 17 (19 for Illusions)
Summon Monster II: Calls extraplanar creature to fight for you.
Flaming Sphere: Creates rolling ball of fire, 2d6 damage, lasts 1 round/level.
Invisibility: Subject is invisible for 1 min./level or until it attacks.
Mirror Image: Creates decoy duplicates of you (1d4 +1 per three levels, max 8).

3rd level DC 18 (20 for Illusions)
Summon Monster III: Calls extraplanar creature to fight for you.
Fireball: 1d6 damage per level, 20-ft. radius.
Displacement: Attacks miss subject 50%.
Fly: Subject flies at speed of 60 ft.
Slow: One subject/level takes only one action/round, -1 to AC, reflex saves, and attack rolls.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
We could do an all Human party

Me knife-throwing Human Rogue NG alignment. He was a street urchin who took to the road and has lived a gypsy life for the past few years. He is not above a bit of trickery or working outside the law but overall he has a good heart and is loyal to his friends

(the concept works in with Post Life Entity's prisoner on the run if we want to explore that further)

industrygothica

Adventurer
Tonguez said:
We could do an all Human party

Me knife-throwing Human Rogue NG alignment. He was a street urchin who took to the road and has lived a gypsy life for the past few years. He is not above a bit of trickery or working outside the law but overall he has a good heart and is loyal to his friends

(the concept works in with Post Life Entity's prisoner on the run if we want to explore that further)

I'm not sure I'm feeling the all human thing. I mean, if that's the way it works out, then great, but I don't think I want to place that restriction on character generation.

However, if you and Post Life want to get together on your backgroungs, feel free.

On to other things:

Start at 5th level
28 point buy
Standard PHB races
No evil characters
Use psionics if you must, but know that I'm not personally familiar with them.

I'll take submissions for a few days and then make my decision on 4-6 chatacters to continue on. It is _not_ first come first serve.

Until then, keep the submissions coming!

IG

Last edited:

Paper_Bard

First Post
My Character Concept

How About It....

Golgothal... the slayer.
Githyanki ranger who focuses on killing aberrations.
Like most of his race... except for one thing. He hates Undead... and therefore... hates his people's leader, the Lich Queen. And he's a good guy.
Living in the land of chaos is not always safe.... and Golgothal's mother found that out the hard way. Having been banished from her home because of her disagreement with the current political situation, the githyanki woman carried her only child with her when she left. She lasted a whole three minutes. A great rip in the fabric of reality engulfed her, annihilating her utterly, but sending her newborn babe hurtling through space and time.... to land in "insert chosen backdrop here". He landed, miraculously unharmed, in a Wood Elf glade. Being naturally curious, they took him in and raised him. Teaching him aboutthe fallible evil that had encompused his race, and the right way of good, the elves trained the young Githyanki in the fighting arts. He became a ranger of quite skill and agility... with a kind heart unlike most of his race. He has recently sent out on a quest of self discovery, trying to come to grips with the evilness of his race, and how others view him.

And that is it....
What you think?

industrygothica

Adventurer
Paper_Bard said:
How About It....

Golgothal... the slayer.
Githyanki ranger who focuses on killing aberrations.
Like most of his race... except for one thing. He hates Undead... and therefore... hates his people's leader, the Lich Queen. And he's a good guy.
Living in the land of chaos is not always safe.... and Golgothal's mother found that out the hard way. Having been banished from her home because of her disagreement with the current political situation, the githyanki woman carried her only child with her when she left. She lasted a whole three minutes. A great rip in the fabric of reality engulfed her, annihilating her utterly, but sending her newborn babe hurtling through space and time.... to land in "insert chosen backdrop here". He landed, miraculously unharmed, in a Wood Elf glade. Being naturally curious, they took him in and raised him. Teaching him aboutthe fallible evil that had encompused his race, and the right way of good, the elves trained the young Githyanki in the fighting arts. He became a ranger of quite skill and agility... with a kind heart unlike most of his race. He has recently sent out on a quest of self discovery, trying to come to grips with the evilness of his race, and how others view him.

And that is it....
What you think?

Sounds like an interesting concept, but I think I'd rather stick to the standard races from the PHB. I edited the guidelines to reflect that as well.

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
Concept: A smooth-talking, quick-witted, charismatic preacher and man of the people. He gets along with everyone and can defuse tensions with his quick turns of phrase. His style and mannerisms are as smooth and stylish as his speech, and he's popular with rich and poor in his community, especially the ladyfolk. It's hard to catch him in a moment of hesitation or in a situation where he's at a loss for words.

Race/class: human or half-elf cleric

kingpaul

First Post
Martok is the by-product of an orc raid on the local druidic grove. His mother, Selenia, survived the attack, and continued her druidic duties. Most outsiders do not trust Martok because of his heritage. He has spent his years with the druids as a ranger. While the local elven community does not like his heritage either, they have come to respect him as a defender of nature. Selenia has told him that it is time for him to venture beyond the forrest for a time.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Post Life Entity said:
Concept: escaped prisoner on the run from both the people that wrongfully imprisoned him and the actual authorities.
Wrinkle: Lawful good alignment;

Human male ...older though not elderly. Not quite sure of class yet, likely a fighter or fighter/rogue.

I'd like to see more about this character. How long has he been on the run? For what crimes is he accused? Is he out to clear his name, or does he just want to run as far away as he can?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases