[OOC] Industrygothica's "The Hive"

Grimror

First Post
I just used Greyhawk because it's a big city and that's the whole premise of Kathos - a rough half-orc fist fighter from the streets. As for the reb and black robed guys, I just used that as a possible plot-hook and his reason for fleeing the city and becoming an adventurer. It isn't (neccessarily) the Scarlet Brotherhood.

If all that sounds ok, I'll get to the number crunching and whip up a character sheet.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Post Life Entity said:
Ahh man... my DMG is in storage. :( What's starting gold for 5th level characters? And 8th too, if you don't mind.

9,000 gp and 27,000 gp, respectively.

Grimror said:
I just used Greyhawk because it's a big city and that's the whole premise of Kathos - a rough half-orc fist fighter from the streets. As for the reb and black robed guys, I just used that as a possible plot-hook and his reason for fleeing the city and becoming an adventurer. It isn't (neccessarily) the Scarlet Brotherhood.

If all that sounds ok, I'll get to the number crunching and whip up a character sheet.

Sounds good to me. Any reason you're going with a monk instead of a fighter specializing in unarmed combat? Seems like that'd fit your concept a little better.

Grimror

First Post
Well, I wanted to try something outside the box this time, and only a monk can really serve as a competent unarmed combatant. Plus they get all kinds of nifty abilities. ;)

I'll have the sheet ready by tonight.

industrygothica

Adventurer
You guys sure are making this tough for me, my first time around as a DM here. I'm still keeping recruiting open until tomorrow, however, I'd like to ask Post Life Entity and Mista Collins to go ahead and post their completed character sheets in the rogue's gallery, please.

I think I'm going to take three more characters, for a total of five. Your prompt acknowledgement would be appreciated so that I can pick an alternate if you aren't able to continue.

Thanks, and good luck!

IG

IamTheTest

First Post
[sblock=crunchy bits]
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Xerxes the Newmade
[B]Class:[/B] Monk 5 (Cobra Strike)
[B]Race:[/B] Elan
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] LN 
[B]Deity:[/B] none

[B]Str:[/B] 14 +2 (05p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 5        [B]XP:[/B] 10,000
[B]Dex:[/B] 12 +1 (04p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +3         [B]HP:[/B] 37 (4d8+13)
[B]Con:[/B] 13 +1 (05p.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] +3     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] 0/-
[B]Int:[/B] 10 +0 (02p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 40'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] 0
[B]Wis:[/B] 16 +3 (10p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +3        [B]Spell Save:[/B] -
[B]Cha:[/B]  9 -1 (02p.)     [B]ACP:[/B] -0         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] -

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc   Def  
Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]  18          10    +1    +0    +1    +0    +1    +4    +1

[B]Touch:[/B] 17              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 17

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      4    +1    +0    +5
[B]Ref:[/B]                       4    +2    +0    +6
[B]Will:[/B]                      4    +3    +0    +7 (+9 vs enchantment)

[B]Weapon               Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Unarmed(magic)        +5       1d8+2/1d8+2 20x2
Flurry(magic)         +4/+4    1d8+2       20x2
Quarterstaff          +5       1d6+2       20x2
Quarterstaff Flurry   +4/+4    1d6+2/1d6+2 20x2

[B]Languages:[/B] Common

[B]Abilities:[/B] Resistance, Resilience, Repletion, Flurry of Blows, Evasion, Still Mind, Ki Strike (magic), Slow Fall 20', Purity of Body

[sblock=Racial]
* Aberration: Elans are not subject to spells or effects that affect humanoids only, such as charm person or dominate person.
* Naturally Psionic: Elans gain 2 bonus power points at 1st level.
* Resistance (Su): Elans can use psionic energy to increase their resistance to various forms of attack. As an immediate action, an elan can spend 1 power point to gain a +4 racial bonus on saving throws until the beginning of her next action.
* Resilience (Su): When an elan takes damage, she can spend power points to reduce its severity. As an immediate action, she can reduce the damage she is about to take by 2 hit points for every 1 power point she spends.
* Repletion (Su): An elan can sustain her body without need of food or water. If she spends 1 power point, an elan does not need to eat or drink for 24 hours.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Feats]
Wild Talent - As a psionic character, you gain a reserve of 2 power points and can take psionic feats, 

metapsionic feats, and psionic item creation feats.

Improved Unarmed Strike

Dodge

Mobility

Up The Walls -  While you are psionically focused, you can take part of one of your move actions to traverse a 

wall or other relatively smooth vertical surface if you begin and end your move on a horizontal surface. The 

height you can achieve on the wall is limited only by this movement restriction. If you do not end your move on 

a horizontal surface, you fall prone, taking falling damage as appropriate for your distance above the ground. 

Treat the wall as a normal floor for the purpose of measuring your movement. Passing from floor to wall or wall 

to floor costs no movement; you can change surfaces freely. Opponents on the ground can make attacks of 

opportunity as you move up the wall.

You can take other move actions in conjunction with moving along a wall. For instance, the Spring Attack feat 

allows you to make an attack from the wall against a foe standing on the ground who is within the area you 

threaten; however, if you are somehow prevented from completing your move, you fall. Likewise, you could tumble 

along the wall to avoid attacks of opportunity. [/sblock]

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 32        [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 8/4
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Balance (Dex)              4    +1          +5
Concentration (Con)        8    +1          +9
Escape Artist (Dex)        8    +1    +2    +9
Jump (Str)                 4    +2          +6
Move Silently (Dex)        8    +1          +9

[B]Equipment:               Cost    Weight[/B]
Quarterstaff                  0gp    4lb
Amulet of Natural Armor +1 2000gp    -lb
Bracers of Armor +1        1000gp    -lb
Ring of Deflection +1      2000gp    -lb
Hewards Handy Haversack    2000gp    5lb

[B]Total Weight:[/B] 9lb      [B]Money:[/B] 2000gp 00sp 00cp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]               58  116   175   350   875

[B]Power Points:[/B] 4

[B]Age:[/B] 18
[B]Height:[/B] 5'10"
[B]Weight:[/B] 145lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Green
[B]Hair:[/B] Red
[B]Skin:[/B] Milky White
[/sblock]
[sblock=fluffy wisps]
Appearance: XXXX

Background:XXXX

Future: L6 Psionic Fist, M6 Spring Attack, L9 Greater Psifist...Enter Psionic Fist at L7[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
proposal

Hi!

I think this group needs an archer! here’s a proposal, that lets you see the idea I have.

Courage Bloodstone thought she had her life sorted out. Her training as a ranger had gone impressively. She was one of the one of the best trackers her master had trained, by virtue of her determination more than anything else. For Courage had focus, and people liked her, and that's why they were so sad the first time she died.

It was a goblin arrow and she hadn't seen it coming, but there it was in her chest, with her blood all around it, so there could be no doubt. And as she fell on the stone floor, she thought that was pretty much it.

But people liked Courage, and when she found herself alive she realized that things would be expected of her now. She had been healed, by someone that her friends had found. They had wanted her to keep adventuring with her, but Courage decided she had been saved for a Purpose. So she left the group, gave herself a new surname, and began to train as a paladin. This was not an easy switch for Courage, but her mind was decided. She was older than the others, but that made her better, and she could still track while most of the humans with her couldn’t even see at night. And she was serving her god.

For two years, Courage traveled as a paladin. She usually worked alone, and she tracked miscreants and lawbreakers and brought them to justice, regardless of their faith or their convictions. But the land has its own stern code, and Courage found that she was not able to fulfill what she felt were her obligations to her god as an instrument of his justice. Temptations are great, and as Courage faced temptation, she knew that her constancy would eventually compromise both herself and her god. And so she left the order honorably, and returned to her old ways living off the land. People like Courage, and she still serves her god, though now in a way that lets her serve the land as well, and lets her decide for herself where best she may serve.

Courage Bloodstone, Ranger 2/Paladin 3 (with a plan to take one more level of Ranger, and then continue as Horizon Walker). Lawful Good.

[Edit: should have said: Half-Elf is what I was thinking]

Kobold Stew.

Last edited:

Mista Collins

First Post
I posted Tanith in Rogue's Gallery. I will add her background later tonight or tomorrow. But before I go oo much into it, any clue on the campaign setting yet? Depending on if it is Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms, Eberron, etc will effect her background. But I did put her stats and spells in the Rogue's Gallery.

I'd also like to see Post Entity's background. Maybe we can put something together on how we met. Maybe I notice you fleeing and had a sudden impulse to help you by making a distraction. I'm just tossing ideas out there.

kingpaul

First Post
Do you want me to roll my character up? I was waiting to see what you said about allowing him in before doing that. Maybe I misunderstood you post?

industrygothica

Adventurer
kingpaul said:
Do you want me to roll my character up? I was waiting to see what you said about allowing him in before doing that. Maybe I misunderstood you post?

For now I just want your basic concepts. I haven't chosen all the players yet, and I'd hate for you to go through all the time and trouble rolling up a character if you're not chosen (unless you're like me, and keep them all for future use). So no, I don't need a character sheet from you unless/until your character is chosen for the adventure. As of now, only two characters have been chosen, and those are the two who I asked to post character sheets in the Rogue's Gallery.

That being said, if you should already have him rolled up and ready to post, I'd be happy to take a look at it. But if not, you can wait a bit.

Hope that clears it up a little.

IG

Remove ads