[OOC] Industrygothica's "The Hive"

IamTheTest

First Post
Id appreciate any feedback offered. Im pretty sure that youll be okay with the minimal amount of psionics used (I only have 4 power points and all of the different things I can do are racial). Id like to know a bit about the campaign world so I can scrape together a decent backstory with a couple plot hooks and whatnot. Eh, just let me know what you think.

industrygothica

Adventurer
IamTheTest said:
Id appreciate any feedback offered. Im pretty sure that youll be okay with the minimal amount of psionics used (I only have 4 power points and all of the different things I can do are racial). Id like to know a bit about the campaign world so I can scrape together a decent backstory with a couple plot hooks and whatnot. Eh, just let me know what you think.

Everything adds up, as best I can tell.

As far as campaign setting goes: It's a generic adventure, so if I had to place it in a published world, it'd be Greyhawk. As for where in Greyhawk, I don't know. If it becomes an issue, we'll figure something out.

Grimror

First Post
I've decided to make a last minute change to my character submission. I'd like to play Lanek, a chaotic neutral half-orc barbarian raised by orcs and learned in the ways of spear fighting.

Lanek was born to a human mother in a small village somewhere on the frontier of the wilds that was attacked and plundered by orcs numerous times in the past. He was even stolen by orcs on a subsequent raid and raised as one of their own. Lanek was content with this life for many years, where he learned how to survive - and how to fight. He was especially skilled with the spear - the weapon of the god he pays homage to: Gruumsh.

Lanek earned a reputation for his fearsomeness in battle on the many raids conducted by his tribe. This led to jealousy among the other orcs, and fear among the leaders - fear that Lanek may one day challenge and overthrow them, a half-blood at that! In an act of betrayal, they attacked him and left him for dead in the wilderness.

Lanek survived the attack and used what the orcs had taught him. He managed to catch up with the tribe and watched from the darkness and waited. Knowing there was no way to exact his revenge on the whole tribe through killing them all - just as they planned to kill him - he decided to steal the tribe's prized relics: Heart Striker (a spear) and Soul Cage (a suit of mail). He now carries these relics with pride, and seeks to further his skills in combat (as well as his material possessions) as an adventurer.

Lanek stands six and a half feet tall with dark leathery green skin and pale grey eyes. His long and unkempt black hair dangles off his head in many matted locks, and his body is covered in large unsightly scars - which he sports with pride. If his skin isn't a dead giveaway, his sloping forehead and jutting jaw make his orcish heritage plain for all to see.

industrygothica

Adventurer
The following have been selected for this game:

Post Life Entity - Male human fighter or fighter/rogue
Mista Collins - Tanith Dathius, Female human Illusionist
Eva of Sirrion - Male human or half-elf cleric of Olidammara
Grimror - Lanek, Male Half-orc barbarian
wmasters - Scodi Karakus, Male dwarf bard
Kobold Stew - Courage Bloodstone, Female half-elf ranger/paladin

I'll just have to scale up the adventure a little bit; I just couldn't say no to some of these characters. I wish I could have taken everyone. Hopefully, when I get good at this, I'll be able to run more than one at a time so that I can take everyone.

In the mean time, if you guys would post your character sheets in the rogue's gallery (the link is in the first post), I'll start getting this thing under way. I'd like to be able to start by Monday at the latest, earlier if we can. Help me out and look over each other's sheets to make sure we don't forget anything.

For reference:

Remember that I'd like at about three posts a week. I'll try to update at least every other day, excluding weekends, though there may be an occasional weekend update as well.

If you're going to be out, let us know.

I'm going to try to handle the rolling myself at Invisible Castle if nobody has any objections.

I'd like for each of you to pick a color to represent your spoken text. If possible, this is also the same color that I will represent each of you on any maps that are posted, so make them as contrasting as possible. NPC's will be grey.

wmasters

First Post
Cool! I'll enjoy playing Scodi, I think I'll have some fun with him. Guess I need to buy him some gear then. For the colour, if there's no objection I'll use YellowGreen.

industrygothica

Adventurer
I guess you may need some more creations guidelines, eh?

starting gold is 9000.
No one magic item over 1/4 of that amount (2250).
Hit points: Max at first level, half HD on even levels, half +1 on odd levels.

I won't be tracking XP. If the time comes to level up, I'll let you know. Item creation is as normal with the exception of XP reduction.

Coins weigh 1 lb. per 10 coins.

industrygothica

Adventurer
The first post of this thread has been edited for all the necessary information, including a more organized list of who's in.

Thanks again, I look foward to playing with you all.

IG

wmasters

First Post
I've made the assumption that it's ok to change my spell choices - dropped Comprehend Languages for Silent Image on reflection. I've done most of the equipment and bits for Scodi although it's not finished. Anyhow, if there's any problems changing the spells let me know and I'll revert to the Comprehend Languages instead.

Remove ads