[OOC] Industrygothica's "The Hive"

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
I've posted a draft, but some questions:

1. may one item go to 2500gp? (+1 bow -- magic component is only 2000!) --I have to ask! :D

2. any favored enemy suggestions/restrictions?

3. my sense is as a LG ex-paladin, she is no longer obliged to follow her code, but will lose paladinpowers if she ceases to be LG. If you have strong feelings otherwise, please let me know. I know she cannot advance as a paladin any more.

There may be more.
Other equipment to follow.

As for color, lets have her speak in red

Mista Collins

First Post
No more than 2250 on an item?

D'oh. I got to do some changing (I spent 4,000 on the headband). I'll have to change it later as I am at work.

kingpaul

First Post
industrygothica said:
Post Life Entity - Male human fighter or fighter/rogue
Mista Collins - Tanith Dathius, Female human Illusionist
Eva of Sirrion - Male human or half-elf cleric of Olidammara
Grimror - Lanek, Male Half-orc barbarian
wmasters - Scodi Karakus, Male dwarf bard
Kobold Stew - Courage Bloodstone, Female half-elf ranger/paladin
Bummer. Oh well. Good luck to all the players.

industrygothica

Adventurer
wmasters said:
I've made the assumption that it's ok to change my spell choices - dropped Comprehend Languages for Silent Image on reflection. I've done most of the equipment and bits for Scodi although it's not finished. Anyhow, if there's any problems changing the spells let me know and I'll revert to the Comprehend Languages instead.

As far as I'm concerned, character sheets are fair game until we actually start. Just do as you did, and tell me about it when/if it happens.

Post Life Entity said:
> No one magic item over 1/4 of that amount (2250).

Doh, I'll edit in a bit. I'm at work at the moment.

Kobold Stew said:
1. may one item go to 2500gp? (+1 bow -- magic component is only 2000!) --I have to ask!

Mista Collins said:
No more than 2250 on an item?

D'oh. I got to do some changing (I spent 4,000 on the headband). I'll have to change it later as I am at work.

I'll raise the limit to 3000 gp. That way everyone will be able to afford a magic weapon at least. I didn't think about that.. sorry. ;)

Kobold Stew said:
2. any favored enemy suggestions/restrictions?

3. my sense is as a LG ex-paladin, she is no longer obliged to follow her code, but will lose paladinpowers if she ceases to be LG. If you have strong feelings otherwise, please let me know. I know she cannot advance as a paladin any more.

I'm afraid you're on your own with the favored enemy. The only restrictions are those in the PHB about not chosing your own race.

I agree with you about the paladin.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Post Life Entity:

A couple of questions about your character sheet...

[sblock=Concerning Feats]

It appears that you may have one too many. You should have:

At 1st level you get:
1 (human bonus feat)
2 (1st character level)
3 (1st level monk bonus feat)

At 2nd level you get:
4 (1st level fighter bonus feat)

At 3rd level you get:
5 (3rd character level)
6 (2nd level fighter bonus feat)

At 4th level you get:
- (you gain nothing for advancing to a 4th level character)
- (you gain nothing for advancing to a 3rd level fighter)

At 5th level you get:
7 (4th level fighter bonus feat)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Concerning Armor Class]

While wearing +1 splint mail your AC will be 17 (splint mail has a +6 AC bonus, with a +1 enhancement).
Without armor your AC will be 11 (base 10, +1 wisdom modifier for being a monk, 0 dexterity modifier)

Monks must be unarmored and unencombered to receive the AC bonus from his wisdom score.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Concerning Magic items]

I think you mean Oil of Shillelagh instead of potion. With potions, you are the target. With oils, the target of the spell is whatever your applying it to.
[/sblock]

If I'm wrong about any of this stuff, don't hesitate to enlighten me. Like I said, I'm no expert at this; I'm still learning too.

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
industrygothica said:
I'll raise the limit to 3000 gp. That way everyone will be able to afford a magic weapon at least. I didn't think about that.. sorry. ;)

<snip>

I agree with you about the paladin.

Thanks! I'll start working at it.

Post Life Entity

First Post
Potion to Oil nomenclature -- FIXED!
Armor Class -- FIXED!

Hmm... my feats look good to me; I've reorganized them for clarity. If I've made a mistake, please point it out.

Feats:
Human: Power Attack
Levels: 1: Combat Expertise, 3: Improved Disarm
Monk: 1: Improved Unarmed Strike and Improved Grapple
Fighter: 1: Improved Trip, 2: Weapon Focus: Quarterstaff, 4: Weapon Specialization: Quarterstaff

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
Post Life Entity said:
Potion to Oil nomenclature -- FIXED!
Armor Class -- FIXED!

Hmm... my feats look good to me; I've reorganized them for clarity. If I've made a mistake, please point it out.

Feats:
Human: Power Attack
Levels: 1: Combat Expertise, 3: Improved Disarm
Monk: 1: Improved Unarmed Strike and Improved Grapple
Fighter: 1: Improved Trip, 2: Weapon Focus: Quarterstaff, 4: Weapon Specialization: Quarterstaff

You're right about the feats - I was missing the point that Monks gained Improved Unarmed Strike for free. Sorry about that.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases