What do you use the space UNDER your gaming table for?

Emirikol

Adventurer
For those of you who aren't playing at a temporary gaming table, what do you use the space under your table(s) for?

We've got two large tables pushed together so I store some of my old game stuff under there, but it seems like kind of a waste.

Any creative thoughts for the use of the space under the gaming table?

jh

Captain Howdy

Explorer
My dog sleeps under there while we play.

(The table is in our dining room, so I doubt I could get away with keeping gaming stuff there.)

ssampier

First Post
Captain Howdy said:
My dog sleeps under there while we play.

(The table is in our dining room, so I doubt I could get away with keeping gaming stuff there.)

Our host's dogs and cats, plus legs, of course. Also the ocassional dice that tries to escape. We don't have room for much else.

Aeric

Explorer
Our gaming table is a coffee table. It is basically a big wooden box with some drawers in it. I think they keep boardgames and stuff in the drawers, I'm not sure.

This is the first table that's been involved in this particular group's gaming in several years. We used the dining room table when we first started three years ago, and there was no room for anything under it but legs (ours and the table's). For the majority of the group's time together, the gaming table was the floor.

I've become so accustomed to playing on a couch or on the floor in the living room, it feels really weird to actually assemble around a table to play. We've tried it once or twice since making the switch, and decided we liked comfort. Our attention spans may suffer a bit, but we're having fun nonetheless. :)

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Monte Cook at one point described how he makes players of invisible or blind characters sit under the table - invisible as a visual cue to the other players that they can't see that character, and blind so they can't see the battlemat...

-Hyp.

orchid blossom

Explorer
Emirikol said:
Any creative thoughts for the use of the space under the gaming table?

A cheap bookshelf turned on its side would give you a little storage. Two back to back if the table is wide enough to be able to do that and still have leg room.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases