[IC] Industrygothica's "The Hive"

industrygothica

Adventurer
It looks as though the hole was likely made by some type of burrowing animal, though what animal is hard to say. It's the size of the hole that bothers you; none of you have knowledge of any animal that can burrow a hole that big.

As the others move to break camp, Courage stands watch of the ominous hole in the ground. She thinks she hears movement inside, and maybe a growl of sorts, but the noises are so faint that she can't be sure.

Back at camp:

All goes well in breaking camp, though the old human seems impossible to wake up. Even in sleep he seems distant and troubled.

[sblock=ooc]If it's all the same, I'll handle the rolling on my end just to keep things straight.[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Courage is standing a short distance from the hole, relaxed and ready. She sees an odd expression cross Jonas' face, and wonders what it means.

wmasters

First Post
Scodi looks over to Vorian, still sleeping. As everyone is nearly ready he heads over, giving him a shake to try and wake him, and if that doesn't work, trying to make sure that he is OK.

industrygothica

Adventurer
While Scodi and Tanith break camp and try to wake Vorian, Jonas and Courage stand contemplating whatever is residing in the hole.

Jonas said:
Just thinkin', whatever it is that made that hole, I hope it doesn't have a hankering to follow us out.

As you speak the words, you see two large eyes at the mouth of the hole. Just as you realize the thing has no intention of following you, it jumps out of the hole and charges.

[sblock]I think Courage will be able to get a shot off before the thing gets there since she was partle readied beforehand.

Courage's Initiative (1d20+3=5)
Jonas's Initiative (1d20+2=7)
dire badger's initiative (1d20+3=9)
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Courage fires at the creature, her longbow singing as she releases the drawstring. She regrets that combat was unavoidable, but the corruption in nature which produces these dire creatures is a part of the world.

(Is the badger charging her or the others? If it is the others she also makes Great Sounds of Alarum, to draw the creature towards her.)

If possible she moves, to maintain a 25-30' distance from the badger.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Suprise Round

Unfortunately Courage's arrow goes wide to the right, barely missing the creature. It continues its charge, focusing on the former paladin. As it approaches, Courage can feel the force of its powerful claw against her armor but manages to skirt the blow enough to avoid any damage.

[sblock]
Courage's Attack vs. dire badger (1d20+10=11)
Dire badger's attack vs. Courage (1d20+6=16)[/sblock]

Round 1

The oversized badger continues it's assault on Courage, flailing about with it's claws and gnarled teeth, but still she manages to escape injury with her masterful defensive dance.

ooc: Dire badger's full attack (1d20+4=15, 1d20+4=11, 1d20-1=10). Jonas is up next, then Courage.

badger-r1.jpg

wmasters

First Post
When shaking Varian doesn't rouse him, Scodi gets very concerned. Looking over his friend, he tries to determine what is wrong with him.

OOC: Scodi will attempt a heal check on Varian. From the description I'm assuming he's not aware of the dire badger from where he is.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: nice Map!

IC:

Courage holds her ground, and with one smooth motion drops her bow and reaches for the battleaxe at her side. A leather strap to hang it over my shoulder would be a fraction more efficient she thinks to herself, as she takes the weapon in both hands and continues a powerful horizontal swing...

Remove ads