[IC] Industrygothica's "The Hive"

Mista Collins

First Post
With a careful eye on the drawf in the shadows, Tanith leans in close to Shai and whispers loud enough for the other party members to hear.

"I think we are being watched." She says with a nod towards the drawf.

DrZombie

First Post
At dawn on the first morning they leave the caves Jonas holds a ceremony, thanking Heironeous for His guidance and for the powers He has given him. He mourns the fallen, and vows to come back to make sure justice is done and good will prevail.

+++++

Jonas mutters a short prayer under his breath and calls upon Heironeous to show him the hidden evils. He then looks at the dwarf, trying to sense corruption in his soul.

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

Mista Collins said:
With a careful eye on the drawf in the shadows, Tanith leans in close to Shai and whispers loud enough for the other party members to hear.

"I think we are being watched." She says with a nod towards the drawf.

Shai catches sight of the dwarf, and his shoulders droop. Dyspeer sticking close to his heels, the large man moves to the dwarf, sinking to his knees when he gets there so as to meet the shorter man's gaze. It's clear Shai is uncertain, that the easy interaction he shares with his animal companion is not one he often has with other humanoids. Still, he speaks.

"Friend, there's news of Hehranna," he says, eyes sad, "though it's not all good. She's alive, but ... changed. It was ... " he hesitates, hand moving to clutch the fur on the back of Dyspeer's neck, as if he might gain some strength from the contact.

"Hehranna was queen of this twisted hive we escaped.. She's trying to make some kind of dwarf-formian hybrid race. I dunno if she was enchanted or just broken from the war, but she's powerful, and we couldn't talk her out of this plan of hers; barely escaped with some of us alive, even."

Standing and looking to the side, no longer able to maintain eye contact, Shai mutters uneasily, "I'm sorry."

industrygothica

Adventurer
"I dunno what they've done to 'er, but we'll be gettin' 'er back if she's alive still, and ye can count on that." The old dwarf picks his head up proudly, and for the first time you can see the full extent of the damage done to his face. His left eyes is missing, the scars closing the empty socket permanently. "Thank ye fer the report, soldier," he says as he walks off.

Shaimon Hu'u is confident that wherever he may end up in his quest to touch the corners, news of the coming battle will follow. Let the bards ready their lutes, for epic tales are abound.

The group stays the night with the dwarves, resting with a good meal and a full mug. The dwarves are thankful of the news of the formians, and round up an impressive patrol to go back to the hive and clean things up despite any protest you may offer.

The next morning you gather gear and head back to Irongate, arriving at midday. You first stop is at the Hanging Harpy to deliver the nuts to Loddie, and perhaps get an explanation in return. After all, one of yours was lost in the endeavor, so an explanation as to why is most definately justified.

Tanith and Jonas lead the way to the Harpy, while Shai's eyes are filled with wanderlust. The Hanging Harpy is just around the corner.

OOC: This thread is now closed. Please reply in the new IC thread here.

Remove ads